New pc configuration: help for processor

Hello! I have purchased the Sapphire VAPOR-X HD 7970 - GHz Edition and the new MoBo Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H.What processor(CPU) do you recommend to buy?
Thanks! :)
7 answers Last reply
More about configuration processor
  1. i5 3570k
  2. Thanks Skitz! The i5 3570 is perfectly compatible with my new MoBo and graphic cards?
  3. flaubert said:
    Thanks Skitz! The i5 3570 is perfectly compatible with my new MoBo and graphic cards?

You bought a z77 mobo which fits 1155 CPUs, this Means it will because i5-3570k is a 1155 CPU.

BE sure to get the k-version because you bought a great mobo for overclocking - the z77 mobos has the best overclocking ability. So adding a decent aftermarket CPU cooler would get you great results.
  4. I'd agree with Skitz, the 3570k is one of the best gaming processor available right now. I'd also agree with Lostgamer_03, overclockit to squeeze every last bit of performance from the processor. If looking for a moderate overclock consider the Hyper 212 EVO.
  5. flaubert said:
    Thanks Skitz! The i5 3570 is perfectly compatible with my new MoBo and graphic cards?

There is a difference between a 3570 and a 3570K.
    Both are compatible with your motherboard.
    The "K" lets you easily raise the multiplier from 34 up to about 43 for a nice increase in cpu power.
    A 3570K is entirely appropriate for your 7970.
    Each represents the best in category for gaming.
    If you live near a microcenter, they will sell you a 3570K for $170.
  6. Thanks to all for reply and help..... :love:

Ok i buy a i53570K!!!

Best regards. ;)
  7. Don't forget to buy a good cooler! If you got about another 90$, grab an H80i watercooler - definitely will help you get to a 4.8GHz clockspeed ;D
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Configuration Processors Sapphire