Using TV as second monitor and not fitting full screen

leosad

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Can any one help connecting my laptop Toshiba satellite l505 to my TV using awm cable
i already connected it but it is not filling the full screen it is just filling same size as the laptop

randomkid

Distinguished

What kind of awm cable are you using? Is it HDMI or VGA?
Anyway, go to display setting & set the resolution to that of your TV ( 1920x1080 if full HD or 1366x768 if HD ).

Knocker66

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012

I was having the same problem with my L750 - the following worked for me:

Control panel > display > connect to a projector > projector only.

The big black border appears if you have 'duplicate' selected (which seems to be the default setting).

I hope this helps.

shawn9911

Honorable
Feb 7, 2014
I had to go to control panel and change the battery/power setting to do nothing when the laptop lid is closed, then once the laptop has begun to boot up, clode the top and the TV becomes the only monitor. I have tried every resolution setting available and disfferent DPI (font) sizes. The besy I could do is set the resolution to 1600X900 and the DPI to 200. I am not yet pleased with the results buts its okay for now.

Eszter

Reputable
Jan 26, 2015
its not a resolution problem. I had a Windows 8 32b installed and it worked perfectly, full screen on laptop and full screen on TV, both identical. Now I upgraded to Win 8 64 and now I cannot share screen on full screen. It switches only to full screen on TV when I turn off the laptops own screen. I think the OP question was about that.