Sign in with
Your question

Geforce gtx 260 (1.8gb) and battlefield 3?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 5, 2012 8:48:48 AM

Hello all

I just got the HP elite hpe-345sc

It has geforce gtx 260 1.8 gb card.

I to the test can you run it, and under recommend settings, it said nogo because of the graphic card. I know that it is a kind of old card, but in general and compared to playing Battlefield 3, how good or bad is it?

Thanks a lot
a b Î Nvidia
June 5, 2012 9:14:58 AM

a gtx260 more than capable of running the game. But your one is an oem version designed by dell and hp. Maybe you want to update your graphics driver http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

if that doesn't work, then use the hp website.

on second thought your card is an OEM edition so its probably not on the canyourunit database. I wouldn't worry about what the website says, your card can run the game effortlessly maybe not in high settings but still it would run the game.
June 5, 2012 9:39:46 AM

Davidsc said:
Hello all

I just got the HP elite hpe-345sc

It has geforce gtx 260 1.8 gb card.

I to the test can you run it, and under recommend settings, it said nogo because of the graphic card. I know that it is a kind of old card, but in general and compared to playing Battlefield 3, how good or bad is it?

Thanks a lot

260 is a mid low range card now.i would suggest first max out the game and then slowly lower the settings(turning off AA and stuff)and use the settings when you are getting comfortable frame rates.
Related resources
June 5, 2012 11:34:18 AM

Thanks a lot for the answers
June 5, 2012 12:13:27 PM

if you are done then please select a suitable best answer and mark the thread as 'Solved'.
!