ATi 5670 gfx card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Yes, definitely. You can even go higher than the 5670.

What is your reason for the graphics card upgrade & will you consider other graphics card that may have better performance?

randomkid

Distinguished
Do you mean you already own the biostar t55 and you are looking for a processor for it with $100 budget? And you prefer i3-540?

sid3695

Honorable
Apr 3, 2012
@randomkid currently i have Pentium D 925

Intel Pentium D 925
Cores 2
Threads 2
Name Intel Pentium D 925
Code Name Presler
Package Socket 775 LGA
Technology 65nm
Specification Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz

randomkid

Distinguished

I thought you had the Pentium G because you are aspiring to upgrade to an i3-540 which is socket 1156. If you have socket 775 then you can not upgrade to an i3-540. You need to buy new a motherboard & DDR3 RAM too. But if you are buying motherboard, you might as well go to socket 1155 and get i3-2100 for example.

The more reasonable processor upgrade for your socket 775 motherboard is the Core 2 Duo ( Exxxx ) or Core 2 Quad (Qxxxx).

randomkid

Distinguished

randomkid

Distinguished
Oh... so you already got a combo. But that is older socket 1156 which will be discontinued along with 1st Gen Core i within this year. Therefore, your prospect for future processor upgrade is low. Besides the combo is out of stock.

Get 1155 sockets. Try to see similar products that I posted in flipkart & post it here so we can comment if its a good option for you.

randomkid

Distinguished
It may. But I see no reason to restrict your GPU to the limit of your processor specially if you are planning to upgrade anyway.

Whether you upgrade your processor now or a few months later, you will still be needing that graphics card. So if you buy a pretty weak card to match your processor now, this weak GPU will in turn bottleneck your next processor & you have to buy a new GPU again. So pick your GPU on the basis of your screen resolution. The 7750 800Mhz will be best just a little more expensive than your $100 budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.