Closed Solved

Need help buying a PSU!

Which one of these two power supplies are the best??? ik theres better ones out there but i just wanna know which one is the best from both of these to power my GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4465483&Sku=C283-1220

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=899123&sku=T925-5002
34 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need buying
  1. I'd lean a bit towards the Cooler Master power supply but in truth both are terrible.
  2. With all due respect to socialfox, I'm not sure if I would say that both of those products are "terrible" (there are truly terrifyingly bad PSUs on the market...these are not it). Both are more or less the same - i.e. you gain this and lose that with either choice, so you're basically on par in terms of which one you go with. That said, I would not recommend either if you have the means to spend some more cash. These are not efficient PSUs in the modern sense, they have nearly 8 year old specs on them, but they will do the job so yeah, it all boils down to the cash you're willing to drop.
  3. omnimodis78 said:
    With all due respect to socialfox, I'm not sure if I would say that both of those products are "terrible" (there are truly terrifyingly bad PSUs on the market...these are not it). Both are more or less the same - i.e. you gain this and lose that with either choice, so you're basically on par in terms of which one you go with. That said, I would not recommend either if you have the means to spend some more cash. These are not efficient PSUs in the modern sense, they have nearly 8 year old specs on them, but they will do the job so yeah, it all boils down to the cash you're willing to drop.


    Haha, no need for the respect thing :lol:

    Anyways if you take a look at this:
    http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

    The TR2 falls in the tier 5 list, classified as junk (in my words) and the Cooler Master in Tier 4 which is still not recommended and cannot output its labelled wattage.

    You are correct in a way there have been other power supplies that have done worse, such can be seen on the johnnyguru website. Of course, we all have varying opinion in defining what is terrible and what is not, but to me those are bad choices for a power supply, in fact I cannot guarantee the GTX 560ti will work with either power supply.
  4. thanks a lot man nd yeah ik there not as good as corsair but since i dont have the money to buy one of them im going with these. but thanks a lot
  5. socialfox: now youre scaring me into not buying none of them lol
  6. zICesar94Iz said:
    socialfox: now youre scaring me into not buying none of them lol


    It may work, but if you can stretch a few more dollars we can ensure it will work and it will be safe. I wasn't trying to scare you on purpose :lol:

    Was just trying to make my point on the quality of those power supplies....
    State your budget and both omnimodis78 and I will search for a suitable power supply IF you want to get another one.
  7. so wat PSU would you guys recomand me to buy that doesnt cost to much
  8. i have 220 dollars nd imma buy the video card i mention nd i need a new PSU if i buy that card
  9. Budget? Give us a value and we can find a suitable one.
  10. i said i have a 220 dollar budget lol
  11. Best answer
    Woops, you posted before I seen it :lol:

    How about this one?
    http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=59615&vpn=P1550SXXB9&manufacture=XFX&promoid=1257

    Free shipping and mail in rebate. Will be worth it and completely safe.
  12. yeah i like it, its a good PSU right?
  13. zICesar94Iz said:
    yeah i like it, its a good PSU right?


    VERY GOOD :lol:
  14. ill mess you when ever i need some help thank a lot :).
  15. zICesar94Iz said:
    ill mess you when ever i need some help thank a lot :).


    Feel free to do, I welcome everyone usually to PM relating to their thread or anything else but seems like you beat me to it :lol:
  16. hahahah
  17. Best answer selected by zICesar94Iz.
  18. zICesar94Iz said:
    socialfox: now youre scaring me into not buying none of them lol

    Actually you should be scared and count your blessings that someone was able to point this out to you! I would stay away from a tier-4...let alone tier-5....PSU, no matter how broke I was! I stand corrected, I based my "not so terrible" assessment on specs and brand alone, but yeah, if there's one thing you should never compromise with, that's the PSU - think about it, if it breaks in a bad way, it can bring down other or all the other devices in your system that it powers (aka everything) - I've seen it happen!
  19. omnimodis78 said:
    Actually you should be scared and count your blessings that someone was able to point this out to you! I would stay away from a tier-4...let alone tier-5....PSU, no matter how broke I was! I stand corrected, I based my "not so terrible" assessment on specs and brand alone, but yeah, if there's one thing you should never compromise with, that's the PSU - think about it, if it breaks in a bad way, it can bring down other or all the other devices in your system that it powers (aka everything) - I've seen it happen!


    Hey we all make mistakes, no need to worry :)
    I have made a few mistakes before but at the end of the day all that matters is we learn something.
  20. socialfox said:
    Haha, no need for the respect thing :lol:

    Anyways if you take a look at this:
    http://www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

    The TR2 falls in the tier 5 list, classified as junk (in my words) and the Cooler Master in Tier 4 which is still not recommended and cannot output its labelled wattage.

    You are correct in a way there have been other power supplies that have done worse, such can be seen on the johnnyguru website. Of course, we all have varying opinion in defining what is terrible and what is not, but to me those are bad choices for a power supply, in fact I cannot guarantee the GTX 560ti will work with either power supply.

    Thanks for the clarification, and I appreciate the link you provided!
  21. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013

    i did some more research nd the PSU you told me about is gonna cost me $56 but wiht the mail in rebate its gonna be $46 so go me hahahhaha
  22. zICesar94Iz said:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207013

    i did some more research nd the PSU you told me about is gonna cost me $56 but wiht the mail in rebate its gonna be $46 so go me hahahhaha


    Ah, never saw that on Newegg. I usually go to this website called PC part picker and just choose a power supply there, I guess the website can't calculate Newegg's percentage off with promo codes... Anyways all the better for you!
  23. hahahah yeah, im so exited now , im gonna get A BAD ASS PSU nd imma get a new video card to play my games at max settings
  24. zICesar94Iz said:
    hahahah yeah, im so exited now , im gonna get A BAD ASS PSU nd imma get a new video card to play my games at max settings


    Your first gaming build? I had the same feeling :lol:
    Anyways want to state your video card and CPU? Just want to compare it...
    I myself have the Phenom II X4 955 Black edition for my CPU and the Asus HD 7770 which maxes out all games I play with @ 1600x900.
  25. nahhh im just upgrading my computer lol
    i have a geforce 9500 gt
    cpu amd athlon x4 645
    nd i have a 1280x1024 resolution monitor
    but when i start getting more money imma upgrade nd build a new computer , i already have wat i want on my wishlist lol
  26. Nice, you should have no troubles at that resolution with your new GTX 560 TI!
  27. Well lets walk through it one step at a time.
    Are you going to do any thing ram heavy? For a gaming build 8gb is more than enough.
    The computer case you chose is fine if it strikes your fancy.

    Now on to the important part...motherboards.
    Are you looking to stay on the AM3+ platform or wanting to move on to Intel?
    Intel is generally the king for gaming processors right now. HOWEVER, their prices for the processors are a bit on the pricy side but the performance in games surpasses AMD.

    For that resolution you could stay with AMD. I would recommend something like the FX-4300, FX- 6300 or Phenom II X4 965 Black edition.

    As for the motherboard, go for Asus.
  28. i think imma stay with amd. so having 16 gb or ram wouldnt help that much for gaming?
    so asus motherboards are the best?
    nd thanks when i have the money to buy wat i want ill mess you lol
  29. Haha, yes ASUS motherboards are pretty top notch in terms of quality.
    Anyways for ram consider something like this:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104173&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

    I'll be waiting when it's time for your new build :lol:
  30. hahhah ight man until next time lol
    o nd do you have a job in working with computers?
  31. Nope, don't have a job at a computer store yet. I'm a paper boy in fact :lol:
    My hobbies include building and working with computer, staring at walls and windows :D
  32. hahah you know alot about computers tho
  33. Well I had my first computer when I was 10, most people share a computer with their brothers but I had my own at the age of 10. Though obviously it wasn't custom built, I believe it was an Dell Optiplex GX-240. Anyways I'm taking to much of your time.

    So farewell for now,
    - Socialfox :hello:
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product