wtf noob lol

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Hello,
is the cooler on asus direct cu2 670 or the one of gigabyte 670 better? also does asus bin chips? so will the TOP version of 670 direct cu oc better than normal version?

shamsmu

Honorable
May 30, 2012
this should answer everything. Read all the benchmarks and the final page with conclusion.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670_Direct_Cu_II/

gtx 670 directcu ii top is the only card to score 10/10 on techpower up and it actually beats most of the gtx680s which cost significantly higher. Easy choice here, really.

mine will hopefully arrive tomorrow or the day after.

The Asus DCU II Top and Gigabyte OC Windforce cards are both excellent choices and I would not hesitate to recommend either.
Both have a custom designed PCB and very similar CoolerMaster designed coolers.
If you do not plan on further overclocking the cards yourself, the Asus card will be slightly faster and, from the reviews I have read, it may have a slightly higher overclock ceiling (although that will be entirely dependent on the chip you receive, YMMV).
Really though, the differences between both cards should be minimal and I would probably get which ever is less expensive in your region.

wtf noob lol

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
im planning to overclock myself. i wanna know if the standard direct cu has better cooler than gigabyte. are factory oc'd cards bin'd? or are they all the same as normal ones?

Both coolers are quiet similar and I would not point to either as being superior to the other.
Normally it is true that top tier cards use the highest binned chips.
That is not to say, however, that a 'lower' binned chip or a stock card will always fall short in overclocking.
It is very much luck of the draw when it comes to getting a good/bad overclocking chip.
Both of the cards you are looking at do have custom PCB's and voltage regulation; potentially a healthy overclocking boost for any silicon attached.