angelsklutch

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
I recently bought a new GPU and PSU for my computer, along with doing a clean install of Windows Home Premium 64bit. I saw a thread here that describes my situation perfectly (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/355530-31-performance-issue), but I am wondering if doing what what was suggested to him would work for me, so I figured I had better ask first. Replies to his thread think it may be a driver issue, but I am pretty sure I have all of my required drivers and that they are up to date. Thanks in advance. My current parts/details list, from memory, are as follows:
Board: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3
CPU: AMD FX-4100 Quad-Core @ 3.6Ghz
GPU: Gigabyte GV-R785OC-2GD
Memory: Kingston HyperX (4GBx2) @ 1600Mhz

angelsklutch

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012

I'm not sure my motherboard came with a disk... I did get on the internet and get audio, LAN, and USB 3.0 drivers. What else would I need other than this, if anything?
*Edit: It came with a disk. Mind still telling me what drivers I missed in the first place?

There will be a chip set drivers on the disk , There could be additional drivers for other controller chips on your mb too

There may also be a lot of other available software and utilities . Some of which could be useful

angelsklutch

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012

Alright, I'll wait for my backup to finish and give it a go. I will reply if I still have an issue. Thanks.

angelsklutch

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012

Just did a clean install, inserted mobo disk and installed everything that was necessary and a little more, got on the internet and got my latest graphics drivers and I get the exact same bad performance. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Minecraft, but I get about 70 FPS playing that. I want to mention something I noticed: I have a program called 'CoreTemp' that shows me my CPU temps, and at the top, where its supposed to give my processor name, and where before I did any kind of wiping or reinstalling I *saw* it give my processor name. Now it just says "Processor BE". I have no idea what this means. http://gyazo.com/4e930d31542a9cbd6ce4b5ff65e01ebf

angelsklutch

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012

600w Modular with separate erm... not sure what to call them.... The source from which the GPU draws power from is separate from that of which the rest of the system draws. I should also add that I had a Radeon HD 6670 before this with a 500w, and got similar if not better performance.