Will gtx 670 work on old mobos.

ali123_95

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
hi im looking forward to build a new gaming pc in the near future when i have the money to do it but right now i have an old pc from hp (hp pavilion m9030) and i have enough money to buy a gtx 670 card, will the new card work on my old pc. will the motherboard support gtx 670.

heres a link to the motherboard
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&docname=c01080268&dlc=en&lc=en#N463

a simple yes or no will do.

thank you and sorry for my bad English.

Yes, it will work however you MUST upgrade your PSU before you purchase the new GPU.
HP's junk quality 300w PSU has no chance of powering your system with a GTX 670.

Also keep in mind that your E4500 and 2GB RAM will bottleneck your system.
Outside of purchasing a used Conroe based E6700 on eBay, there is not much you can do for the CPU (unless you want to get saucy and try a BSEL Mod :)).
It would be well worth it thought to add a few extra GB of DDR3 667MHz RAM to your system while it is open.

HP Pavilion Elite m9000 Specs

Technically speaking it should be backwards compatible.I haven't heard of any issues with PCI-E 1.0 and 3.0 but it is very possible.And I doubt their would be a BIOS update that fixes it.Even so, the GTX670 would be severely bottlenecked by your CPU which would probably only give you about half of the performance.You would also have to upgrade your PSU.