Icons Duplicated in All Users Folder

All,

We are just moving to SP2 for XP. I am using the latest version of Sysprep
to create my image. My problem is that when I add Icons to the All Users
Desktop it duplicates them creating two of each. The only article I can find
is regarding the reigistry pointing to the sam location
%ALLUSERSPROFILE/DEKSTOP but that is not the case here. Has anyone else had
this issue? I have a case opened with MS regarding this issue but still no
luck. Very odd behavior.

Thanks, Sean
1 answer Last reply
More about icons duplicated users folder

    Run regedt32.exe and have a look at the Reg_Expand_Sz string values of

    "Desktop"
    found in
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    (should be) %USERPROFILE%\Desktop
    and

    "Common Desktop"
    found in
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    (should be) %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop

    Sound like they're pointing to the same place.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "Sean" wrote:
    | All,
    |
    | We are just moving to SP2 for XP. I am using the latest version of
    Sysprep
    | to create my image. My problem is that when I add Icons to the All Users
    | Desktop it duplicates them creating two of each. The only article I can
    find
    | is regarding the reigistry pointing to the sam location
    | %ALLUSERSPROFILE/DEKSTOP but that is not the case here. Has anyone else
    had
    | this issue? I have a case opened with MS regarding this issue but still
    no
    | luck. Very odd behavior.
    |
    | Thanks, Sean

Configuration Customization Icons Windows XP