Icons Duplicated in All Users Folder

Sean

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

All,

We are just moving to SP2 for XP. I am using the latest version of Sysprep
to create my image. My problem is that when I add Icons to the All Users
Desktop it duplicates them creating two of each. The only article I can find
is regarding the reigistry pointing to the sam location
%ALLUSERSPROFILE/DEKSTOP but that is not the case here. Has anyone else had
this issue? I have a case opened with MS regarding this issue but still no
luck. Very odd behavior.

Thanks, Sean

Run regedt32.exe and have a look at the Reg_Expand_Sz string values of

"Desktop"
found in
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
(should be) %USERPROFILE%\Desktop
and

"Common Desktop"
found in
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
(should be) %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop

Sound like they're pointing to the same place.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]