Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3 MSI R5450 No display, no beeps on power on

taurusks

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Hello,
I bought a new motherborad(Gigabyte GA970A-UD3) and MSI R5450 graphic card with FX8150 processor. 16GB of memory(4x4G). When i power on, I see the CPu fan working nd other LEds on , hard drive is spinning. DVD drive is operational. But I dont get anything on the monitor. I know the monitor and VGA cable are good(they work fine with my current Desktop).

I also think(not sure though) the motherboard is fine based on the fact that if i connect a case cooling fan to one of the connectors for fan it works.

So my suspicion is on the Graphic card.

But fact that i dont hear ANY beeps at all from the computer on power on bothers me most.
I have a case speaker connected to the Motherboard speaker connector.

Any help apprieciated.

blade061188

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Hi taurusks,

You mentioned that you have another desktop? Can you try the GPU from the old PC in the new motherboard to see if you get something on the screen?

Unfortunately running fans don't necessarily mean that the MoBo is good. It could just be routing power, and not functioning otherwise, but we should test out the GPU first.

Hpes

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
I have the exact same problem! Same mothercard but with AMD FX-8150 8-Core Processor, Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB RAM, and Corsair GS 700W PSU... Can't figure out what is wrong! Any help would be highly appriciated!