Can hard-resetting damage my components? + Computer freezing question.

When I play a game called Maplestory, once in a while my computer will freeze. Like, my entire computer will freeze. If I have something running that is creating any type of sound, when my computer freezes, it'll just freeze and the sound will freeze too, leaving a loud, obnoxious buzzing-type noise. I can't move my cursor, and if I wait too long and let it hang for a bit, my reset button stops working too! I have to hold down the power button and hard-shut-down it.

What I was wondering is why this program is causing my computer to freeze, and if hard-resetting (using the reset button, not the power button) every time it freezes my computer will cause damage to my SSD/HDD/CPU etc.

I am currently using Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1. Also, this is the only game/program that has ever caused my computer to freeze, and I've had my computer for over a year so I know this for a fact.

Any help will be appreciated!

Thank you in advance.
4 answers Last reply
More about hard resetting damage components computer freezing question
  1. yes pressing reset can cause damage in the form of corrupted files, nothing that the freeze couldnt do all by itself though.
  2. So should I stop playing this game? :S
  3. I would find out what problem your pc is having. Maplestory is not that demanding.
  4. I've done some Google-ing and many people have had problems with Maplestory and Windows 7 64 Bit.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Games Components