Sign in with
Your question

Diablo 3-game bounces between my 3 monitors

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 5, 2012 6:17:56 PM

Hello,
PC build is Win7 64 Pro. AMD HD 6800 gpu. I am running 3 monitors. Only using one to play Diablo 3. The game starts bouncing between monitors, blacking out a few seconds between each bounce. It will keep bouncing between the 3 monitors, randomly, non-stop, until I am able to close the game.

Was using latest 12.4 Catalyst driver, went back to 12.3, but no differenence. I even went down to 2 monitors, restarted my system, and it does same thing.

I tried the Vsync fix talked about in other forums, no change. Frame rate is fine, performance is good, no on screen tearing or other visual artifacts. GPU temps are 55'ish. Really stumped how to keep game from moving randomly between the monitors.

I should add that I also play Diablo 3 on another pc with same OS, but Nvidia gpu, and it does not have this issue.
June 5, 2012 7:29:49 PM

Disable 2 monitors and run a single one when playing the game. I have an Nvidia GTX 580 with dual monitors and the video goes black for a few seconds or jitters if I don't disable the side monitor before lodaing D3.
June 5, 2012 10:06:02 PM

po1nted said:
Disable 2 monitors and run a single one when playing the game. I have an Nvidia GTX 580 with dual monitors and the video goes black for a few seconds or jitters if I don't disable the side monitor before lodaing D3.

While this advice will prevent the screen hopping, it does not address the cause of the problem, only the sympton. The whole point of having a triple monitor setup is to be able to multi task. I do a variety of business related work while I play, moving from monitor to monitor. This set up is at my office. My home setup is a dual monitor with an Nvidia GTX 560Ti, and I do not get the problem at all.
Related resources
a b C Monitor
June 6, 2012 4:04:54 AM

Have you tried updating your BIOS or motherboard chipset?
June 6, 2012 12:55:23 PM

fantastik250 said:
Have you tried updating your BIOS or motherboard chipset?

No, that actually had not occurred to me yet. I will check to see if there is a newer version and update this. Do you really think a bios and/or chipset update could affect video when I am not using onboard graphics?
a b C Monitor
June 6, 2012 2:15:39 PM

I run a 4 monitor setup and have never had any issues with Diablo. It always runs fine on whatever screen I have designated as primary. I even tend to multi-task (1080p video on left screen, Diablo on Middle, TV on Upper Screen, Monitor stats or other info on right screen) and have never had this issue. The only time I've seen it do anything screwey was when I started playing around in the graphics settings. There is one setting for screen mode that has the options "Full Screen, Windowed, Full screen windowed". Make sure you have selected "Full Screen" and not "full screen windowed"
June 6, 2012 3:00:29 PM

AdioKIP said:
I run a 4 monitor setup and have never had any issues with Diablo. It always runs fine on whatever screen I have designated as primary. I even tend to multi-task (1080p video on left screen, Diablo on Middle, TV on Upper Screen, Monitor stats or other info on right screen) and have never had this issue. The only time I've seen it do anything screwey was when I started playing around in the graphics settings. There is one setting for screen mode that has the options "Full Screen, Windowed, Full screen windowed". Make sure you have selected "Full Screen" and not "full screen windowed"

Good to hear it can be done without issues. I was using full screen windowed, then tried "full screen" but the problem continued.
Are you running AMD or Nvidia gpu? With 4 monitors, I assume that has to be AMD eyefinity? If AMD, which version catalyst driver do you have installed? 12.3 or 12.4? Also, in game video settings, which, if any, of the check boxes do you have marked, such as vsync, etc?
a b C Monitor
June 6, 2012 6:20:27 PM

I'm running a Sapphire 7950 OC Edition with Catalyst 12.4. Tried Diablo in EyeFinity but it didnt work properly so I dropped back to one screen. I know I have vsync disabled, not sure on my other settings. I'll check and post again this evening when I am in front of my pc.
June 8, 2012 6:01:07 PM

I updated mobo bios and chipset driver, with no difference. Diablo 3 game will still bounce between the 3 monitors randomly every 2 to 4 secs until pc finally locks up.
!