Warlocks main weapon.

Ok, i've seen Warlocks with wands, staffs dagger and swords.

Any end-game 'locks know of the best weapon to use, ive found that
staff have the right buffs, but can you be a succesful combat 'lock
with a sword?
Rosemary - UD Warlock - Twilight's Hammer EU

azuresong mageblade is pretty neet

Endless Rob wrote:
> Ok, i've seen Warlocks with wands, staffs dagger and swords.
>
> Any end-game 'locks know of the best weapon to use, ive found that
> staff have the right buffs, but can you be a succesful combat 'lock
> with a sword?
> Rosemary - UD Warlock - Twilight's Hammer EU

Some of these choices are not mutually exclusive. No matter what you
equip for a Melee weapon, you absolutely should use a Wand too! (they
go in different slots). With the recent change that allows Wands to
auto-shoot, and removes the 1 second delay, they work great.

The funny thing about Wands is that they don't have nearly the same
number of choices that Melee weapons have. There are only 2 Epic
(Purple) wands in the whole game, and they aren't easy to get even at
L60. So most casters use the same "2nd Best" Wand at L60 because it's a
Quest reward: Stromrager (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=4895).

Until you can get Stormrager, just go with the best green "Of the
Eagle" wand you can use for your level. Seriously, compare Stormrager
to the L60 Lunar Wand of the Eagle (http://www.thottbot.com/?i=36665),
and you have a grand difference of 6 DPS and +2 Int.

As far as Staves vs Daggers vs Swords, I find that it's all about the
stats, not DPS. I'm still using the Hypnotic Blade (dagger) in my main
hand because there are some pretty good off-hand items in the game,
like Penelope's Rose (also a quest reward). Of course I'm hoping to
eventually upgrade to Gift of the Elven Magi
(http://www.thottbot.com/?i=17773)

But I'm of the firm belief that if a mob (or player) gets in your face
when you're completely out of Mana, you're dead. Period. I haven't used
a melee weapon to kill a mob in probably 25 levels (not including the
Wand). If I have even a *tiny* bit of mana left (or enough Health to
Life Tap once), I'm Drain Tanking, Fearing, Kiting or running my ass
off to get away safely.

Endless Rob wrote:
> Ok, i've seen Warlocks with wands, staffs dagger and swords.
>
> Any end-game 'locks know of the best weapon to use, ive found that
> staff have the right buffs, but can you be a succesful combat 'lock
> with a sword?
> Rosemary - UD Warlock - Twilight's Hammer EU

Short answer is you mainly go for stats. So you should train all weapon
types and use the best combination of wand+staff or wand+off
hand+dagger or wand+off hand+sword.

If you have fel concentration, then a common solo tactic is to hold a
fire stone and hit mobs with your sword or dagger casting drain life as
needed. Here I go for DPS.

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 17:20:10 GMT, Endless Rob <robendean@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Ok, i've seen Warlocks with wands, staffs dagger and swords.
>
>Any end-game 'locks know of the best weapon to use, ive found that
>staff have the right buffs, but can you be a succesful combat 'lock
>with a sword?

I would look what level 60s have as there main weapons to get a rough
idea of what to aim for

--
"Nintendo could have been making all the mistakes in the world before.
But because they were up against Sega, nobody noticed"

wrote:

>Ok, i've seen Warlocks with wands, staffs dagger and swords.
>
>Any end-game 'locks know of the best weapon to use, ive found that
>staff have the right buffs, but can you be a succesful combat 'lock
>with a sword?

If it has good stats for you, and you can equip it, then it is a good
item... There is no rule that weapons of class A is better than those
of class B - it is all in the stats (except for rogues and daggers,
and those melee guys who spec into a certain class of weapons).

Having said that, though. If you look at enchantments, you can put +9
int on two handed weapons (staffs) but there is not really any good
caster enchantments for one-handed weapons. This skews it a bit in
favor of the staffs, but it is still only in the stats...

It is quite possible that there is a certain weapon that is _the_ best
one, but most likely you will never get it :p (sorry)
So just use the best one you manage to get your hands on, and perhaps
one day you will get into an über guild and get the holy grail of
warlock weapons (after hundreds, if not thousands, of hours of
raiding).
But then Blizzard will release a new dungeon with some even better
weapon, and you will need to go after that one instead...

--
Regards
Simon Nejmann