Sign in with
Your question

First rig for video editing and 3d rendering

Last response: in Systems
July 28, 2012 5:02:01 AM

Hello, I am starting a build for video editing and 3d rendering. I will also be doing a lot of programming. I want something around 600 to 1000 but would like to just get something to get me buy for my last year of high school and then update as I go through film school and college. I was looking to see if anyone can help me with specs suggested and possible recommended parts. Thanks!
July 28, 2012 4:22:01 PM

ajberlier said:
Hello, I am starting a build for video editing and 3d rendering. I will also be doing a lot of programming. I want something around 600 to 1000 but would like to just get something to get me buy for my last year of high school and then update as I go through film school and college. I was looking to see if anyone can help me with specs suggested and possible recommended parts. Thanks!

What software are you going to be using for the video editing and the 3d?

Matthew
m
l
August 6, 2012 5:24:08 AM

matthewd5 said:
What software are you going to be using for the video editing and the 3d?

Matthew

I use all of the Adobe programs, all autodesk programs, Avid, Cinema 4d, and Nuke.
m
l
Related resources
August 6, 2012 6:33:07 AM

You will want a lot of ram, after effects is a hog for memory, the more you have the longer your previews will be

I'd concentrate on compatible video cards and probably at least one ssd drive

I have a medium sized ssd for my windows 7 and for the adobe master collection and a smaller one for my temp filed and rendered previews

Matthew
m
l
August 6, 2012 3:47:57 PM

matthewd5 said:
You will want a lot of ram, after effects is a hog for memory, the more you have the longer your previews will be

I'd concentrate on compatible video cards and probably at least one ssd drive

I have a medium sized ssd for my windows 7 and for the adobe master collection and a smaller one for my temp filed and rendered previews

Matthew

Okay, Thanks Man. And do you think 128g is a big enough ssd?

What would you recommend for cpu and gpu. A lot of people are telling me to get an i7 due to the hyperthreading and a gtx 480.
m
l
!