7850 Overclocked Performance Difference

Solution
here's a set of various benchmarks comparing the two

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/549?vs=518

as you can see, in some applications and synthetic benchmarks, the 7850 can match the 570, both running at stock speeds. if you don't have a personal preference between AMD or Nvidia, I would make my decision based on the games I want to play and get the cheapest option I can find

Personally, I'd go with the 7850 as it's just about as powerful, cheaper, and uses far less power/generates less heat. overclocking is easy. just ask around here on the forum if you need help after you get the card

-ZincaTe-

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011

If I wasn't to overclock the 7850 which would you recommend I purchase, the 7850 or the 570?

here's a set of various benchmarks comparing the two

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/549?vs=518

as you can see, in some applications and synthetic benchmarks, the 7850 can match the 570, both running at stock speeds. if you don't have a personal preference between AMD or Nvidia, I would make my decision based on the games I want to play and get the cheapest option I can find

Personally, I'd go with the 7850 as it's just about as powerful, cheaper, and uses far less power/generates less heat. overclocking is easy. just ask around here on the forum if you need help after you get the card

Solution

-ZincaTe-

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to reply. The reason I'm asking the question to begin with is because of the popularity the 7850 gets, most of the brands that I prefer are always out of stock (e.g. newegg, amazon)

One more thing, should I purchase the OC version of the 7850 or should I purchase the non-OC version?

Hi, sorry for the late reply... work got busy

anyway, for the most part, the OC versions are not worth it. they're usually a small OC, and would only make a small difference in synthetic benchmarks and no noticeable difference in real life applications. Personally I would only get OC versions if they have better hardware. for example a better cooler, more power phases to allow for further OC, etc.

personally, I really like the sapphire 7850 dual fan versions if you want a recommendation:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102986

I own a sapphire 7970 and it hasn't let me down

PlasmaToast

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
I would recommend the 7850 even if it's not overclocked. A friend of mine owns a 570 and my card seems to run faster and cooler than his. By the way, XFX offers a lifetime warranty, which is really nice. Saphire also has a great track record.

-ZincaTe-

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011

It's perfectly fine I understand. Being how kind you are, you still even replied :D
Anyways, The OC version of the card (specifically the sapphire brand) is $10 more. I guess I'll save myself $10 for something else.

-ZincaTe-

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011

I don't matters or not but I'm really one of those aesthetics guy. So, if my budget allows it I like to choose something that fits my taste. As of right now I'm really liking the Sapphire one.

TRENDING THREADS