ChrisLove19

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
I recently built my first computer and all was going great till yesterday. I started up my pc and immediatly started to hear a grinding noise that also could feel a vibration. Also i started up ac3 and noticed a high pitched whine that began as soon as i entered the home screen and went away when the game was minimized. I thought the grinding was coming from my hard drive but upon further expection i realized that both sounds were coming from my corsair 650tx power supply. I rma'd it, but after doing a little more research became worried that like other people the psu was not really the culprit and that the rma would also whine. My question is do you think that the rma will get rid of thr sounds considering my psu was making not only the high pitched coil whine but also the scratching sound. My other main parts are gtx 670ftw, asus p8z77-v, i5 3570k at 4.2.

Thanks for any help, and excuse the typos. I am writing this very quickly from my phone

ChrisLove19

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
I took all the parts out of the case and im 100% sure that both noises were coming from the psu. I have overclocked my i5 3570k to 4.2, but even when i reset my bios, and turned c1e setting off the noise still occured. I also dont think that it was the cpu becuase when i ran prime 95 the sound could not be heard. If my rma continues to make the noise then i will try my gpu next.