Intercontinental travelling?

Hey all,

I need to get from IF to somewhere in elven lands, but how do I cross the
big see? Do I swim :)? or is there a boat/gryphon/gnomish flying deathtrap
connection?

TIA

Devast8or
9 answers Last reply
More about intercontinental travelling

    In article <42c5e8ca$0$78284$157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk>,
    "Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

    > Hey all,
    >
    > I need to get from IF to somewhere in elven lands, but how do I cross the
    > big see? Do I swim :)? or is there a boat/gryphon/gnomish flying deathtrap
    > connection?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Devast8or

    You need the boats, and there's only two places for them: Booty Bay, at
    the southern tip of Stranglethorn Vale, and Menethil Harbor, in the
    Wetlands.

    The boats in Booty Bay will take you to the Barrens, and the boats in
    Menethil will take you to Theramore and ... I dimly remember Auberdine?

    If you're a low level, there's only one way to get there - run and die
    and run and die and run and die (unless you're a rogue, I made it to
    Booty Bay stealthing my way down), or swim from Westfall north to
    Menethil or south to Booty Bay.

    Or, hire a higher level to escort you there.

    Tons of players do it all the time, so it's not that hard, just remove
    your gear for safekeeping, and run/swim.

    "Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > Hey all,
    >
    > I need to get from IF to somewhere in elven lands, but how do I cross the
    > big see? Do I swim :)? or is there a boat/gryphon/gnomish flying deathtrap
    > connection?

    deathtrap if the boat disappears. But yees somebody will be more thorough

    IF -> loch modan -> wetlands -> menethil harbor -> a boat to auberdine ->
    you in elf land

    "Doppleganger" <Doppleganger@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > In article <42c5e8ca$0$78284$157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk>,
    > "Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >> Hey all,
    >>
    >> I need to get from IF to somewhere in elven lands, but how do I cross the
    >> big see? Do I swim :)? or is there a boat/gryphon/gnomish flying
    >> deathtrap
    >> connection?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Devast8or
    >
    > You need the boats, and there's only two places for them: Booty Bay, at
    > the southern tip of Stranglethorn Vale, and Menethil Harbor, in the
    > Wetlands.
    >
    > The boats in Booty Bay will take you to the Barrens, and the boats in
    > Menethil will take you to Theramore and ... I dimly remember Auberdine?
    >
    > If you're a low level, there's only one way to get there - run and die
    > and run and die and run and die (unless you're a rogue, I made it to
    > Booty Bay stealthing my way down), or swim from Westfall north to
    > Menethil or south to Booty Bay.
    >
    > Or, hire a higher level to escort you there.
    >
    > Tons of players do it all the time, so it's not that hard, just remove
    > your gear for safekeeping, and run/swim.

    You can get to menethil very easily by climbing over the mountains near
    gnomeregan.
    Youll probably die from the fall on the other side, but you spawn at the
    menethil graveyard.

    Doppleganger wrote:

    > You need the boats, and there's only two places for them: Booty Bay,
    > at the southern tip of Stranglethorn Vale, and Menethil Harbor, in the
    > Wetlands.
    >
    > The boats in Booty Bay will take you to the Barrens, and the boats in
    > Menethil will take you to Theramore and ... I dimly remember
    > Auberdine?

    Great, it's Auberdine I need to go to.

    > If you're a low level, there's only one way to get there - run and die
    > and run and die and run and die (unless you're a rogue, I made it to
    > Booty Bay stealthing my way down), or swim from Westfall north to
    > Menethil or south to Booty Bay.

    I'll try that

    > Or, hire a higher level to escort you there.

    Good idea.

    > Tons of players do it all the time, so it's not that hard, just remove
    > your gear for safekeeping, and run/swim.

    Remove my gear? Why? Who can take it from me? And is it enough to put in
    backpack, or should I put it in the bank?

    Devast8or

    > > Tons of players do it all the time, so it's not that hard, just remove
    > > your gear for safekeeping, and run/swim.
    >
    > Remove my gear? Why? Who can take it from me? And is it enough to put in
    > backpack, or should I put it in the bank?

    The only death penalty in WoW is having your gear damaged when you die. If
    you're not wearing any gear, then you can die as many times as you need
    without losing anything. Just make sure that each time you resurrect on the
    far side of your corpse, and run a bit towards town before dying again. (if
    you do)

    --
    Davian / Dearic (Bloodhoof)

    "We need a new Mario game, where you rescue the princess in the first ten
    minutes, and for the rest of the game you try and push down that sick feeling
    in your stomach that she's "damaged goods"... When Peach asks you, in the
    quiet of her mushroom castle bedroom "do you still love me?" you pretend to be
    asleep. You press the A button rhythmically, to control your breath, keep it
    even." - Joey Comeau on increased realism in gaming.

    > You can get to menethil very easily by climbing over the mountains near
    > gnomeregan.
    > Youll probably die from the fall on the other side, but you spawn at the
    > menethil graveyard.

    - Mage Float

    Get someone to open you a portal from IF to Darnassus. Then catch boat
    across to menethil. Get the gryph point and this links to IF.

    "Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in message

    > The only death penalty in WoW is having your gear damaged when you die. If
    > you're not wearing any gear, then you can die as many times as you need
    > without losing anything. Just make sure that each time you resurrect on the
    > far side of your corpse, and run a bit towards town before dying again. (if
    > you do)

    And to note: If you are spirit rezing, it affects all armor in you OR IN YOUR
    BAGS. So put it in the bank, and pick it up when you get to a town on the other
    side.

    2 more suggestions:
    1st: Die and run as ghost all way to a graveyard near booty bay and
    ress there...
    (2nd: hire a warlock that summons u...)

Warcraft Video Games