Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Intercontinental travelling?

Tags:
  • Warcraft
  • Video Games
Last response: in PC Gaming
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 7:12:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Hey all,

I need to get from IF to somewhere in elven lands, but how do I cross the
big see? Do I swim :) ? or is there a boat/gryphon/gnomish flying deathtrap
connection?

TIA

Devast8or

More about : intercontinental travelling

Anonymous
July 2, 2005 7:12:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

In article <42c5e8ca$0$78284$157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk>,
"Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I need to get from IF to somewhere in elven lands, but how do I cross the
> big see? Do I swim :) ? or is there a boat/gryphon/gnomish flying deathtrap
> connection?
>
> TIA
>
> Devast8or

You need the boats, and there's only two places for them: Booty Bay, at
the southern tip of Stranglethorn Vale, and Menethil Harbor, in the
Wetlands.

The boats in Booty Bay will take you to the Barrens, and the boats in
Menethil will take you to Theramore and ... I dimly remember Auberdine?

If you're a low level, there's only one way to get there - run and die
and run and die and run and die (unless you're a rogue, I made it to
Booty Bay stealthing my way down), or swim from Westfall north to
Menethil or south to Booty Bay.

Or, hire a higher level to escort you there.

Tons of players do it all the time, so it's not that hard, just remove
your gear for safekeeping, and run/swim.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 7:12:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:42c5e8ca$0$78284$157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk...
> Hey all,
>
> I need to get from IF to somewhere in elven lands, but how do I cross the
> big see? Do I swim :) ? or is there a boat/gryphon/gnomish flying deathtrap
> connection?
>
deathtrap if the boat disappears. But yees somebody will be more thorough

IF -> loch modan -> wetlands -> menethil harbor -> a boat to auberdine ->
you in elf land
> TIA
>
> Devast8or
>
>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 5:26:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Doppleganger" <Doppleganger@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:D oppleganger-616210.18553001072005@news1.east.earthlink.net...
> In article <42c5e8ca$0$78284$157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk>,
> "Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I need to get from IF to somewhere in elven lands, but how do I cross the
>> big see? Do I swim :) ? or is there a boat/gryphon/gnomish flying
>> deathtrap
>> connection?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Devast8or
>
> You need the boats, and there's only two places for them: Booty Bay, at
> the southern tip of Stranglethorn Vale, and Menethil Harbor, in the
> Wetlands.
>
> The boats in Booty Bay will take you to the Barrens, and the boats in
> Menethil will take you to Theramore and ... I dimly remember Auberdine?
>
> If you're a low level, there's only one way to get there - run and die
> and run and die and run and die (unless you're a rogue, I made it to
> Booty Bay stealthing my way down), or swim from Westfall north to
> Menethil or south to Booty Bay.
>
> Or, hire a higher level to escort you there.
>
> Tons of players do it all the time, so it's not that hard, just remove
> your gear for safekeeping, and run/swim.

You can get to menethil very easily by climbing over the mountains near
gnomeregan.
Youll probably die from the fall on the other side, but you spawn at the
menethil graveyard.
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 8:01:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Doppleganger wrote:
>
> You need the boats, and there's only two places for them: Booty Bay,
> at the southern tip of Stranglethorn Vale, and Menethil Harbor, in the
> Wetlands.
>
> The boats in Booty Bay will take you to the Barrens, and the boats in
> Menethil will take you to Theramore and ... I dimly remember
> Auberdine?

Great, it's Auberdine I need to go to.

> If you're a low level, there's only one way to get there - run and die
> and run and die and run and die (unless you're a rogue, I made it to
> Booty Bay stealthing my way down), or swim from Westfall north to
> Menethil or south to Booty Bay.

I'll try that

> Or, hire a higher level to escort you there.

Good idea.

> Tons of players do it all the time, so it's not that hard, just remove
> your gear for safekeeping, and run/swim.

Remove my gear? Why? Who can take it from me? And is it enough to put in
backpack, or should I put it in the bank?

Devast8or
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 8:01:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:42c69d34$0$78287$157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk...

>
> > Tons of players do it all the time, so it's not that hard, just remove
> > your gear for safekeeping, and run/swim.
>
> Remove my gear? Why? Who can take it from me? And is it enough to put in
> backpack, or should I put it in the bank?
>

The only death penalty in WoW is having your gear damaged when you die. If
you're not wearing any gear, then you can die as many times as you need
without losing anything. Just make sure that each time you resurrect on the
far side of your corpse, and run a bit towards town before dying again. (if
you do)

--
Davian / Dearic (Bloodhoof)

"We need a new Mario game, where you rescue the princess in the first ten
minutes, and for the rest of the game you try and push down that sick feeling
in your stomach that she's "damaged goods"... When Peach asks you, in the
quiet of her mushroom castle bedroom "do you still love me?" you pretend to be
asleep. You press the A button rhythmically, to control your breath, keep it
even." - Joey Comeau on increased realism in gaming.



I
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 8:11:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

>
> You can get to menethil very easily by climbing over the mountains near
> gnomeregan.
> Youll probably die from the fall on the other side, but you spawn at the
> menethil graveyard.
>

- Mage Float
Anonymous
July 2, 2005 8:12:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

Get someone to open you a portal from IF to Darnassus. Then catch boat
across to menethil. Get the gryph point and this links to IF.


"Devast8or" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
news:42c5e8ca$0$78284$157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk...
> Hey all,
>
> I need to get from IF to somewhere in elven lands, but how do I cross the
> big see? Do I swim :) ? or is there a boat/gryphon/gnomish flying deathtrap
> connection?
>
> TIA
>
> Devast8or
>
>
July 2, 2005 9:49:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

"Davian" <davian@nospammindspring.com> wrote in message
news:Fq-dnYov_ZzZNFvfRVn-rA@adelphia.com...

> The only death penalty in WoW is having your gear damaged when you die. If
> you're not wearing any gear, then you can die as many times as you need
> without losing anything. Just make sure that each time you resurrect on the
> far side of your corpse, and run a bit towards town before dying again. (if
> you do)
>

And to note: If you are spirit rezing, it affects all armor in you OR IN YOUR
BAGS. So put it in the bank, and pick it up when you get to a town on the other
side.
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 8:08:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?)

2 more suggestions:
1st: Die and run as ghost all way to a graveyard near booty bay and
ress there...
(2nd: hire a warlock that summons u...)