Couple Of 6230 Quests ?

Hello
could some one who has a 6230 please answer these questions

1. when sending text, i know that the msg is saved in the sent items
automatically, but why is it that when you go back to send a another msg
later, ur original msg is still on the * create new msg screen*. Is this the
normal thing, and you must clear the msg b4 starting again.

2 when you send a txt msg, why does the phone give you the impression that
you are also receving one, but giving out the same tone you would get when
you receive a msg just as the msg is sent ?

hope this makes sense

Thomas
7 answers Last reply
More about couple 6230 quests

    "T Welsh" <silvershadow21@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello
    > could some one who has a 6230 please answer these questions
    >
    > 1. when sending text, i know that the msg is saved in the sent items
    > automatically, but why is it that when you go back to send a another msg
    > later, ur original msg is still on the * create new msg screen*. Is this
    the
    > normal thing, and you must clear the msg b4 starting again.
    >

    > 2 when you send a txt msg, why does the phone give you the impression
    that
    > you are also receving one, but giving out the same tone you would get
    when
    > you receive a msg just as the msg is sent ?
    >

    > hope this makes sense
    >
    > Thomas

    the message staying on the screen first appears in my 6100 I think..it's
    alittle annoying but it's normal.

    and I don't get the second one you mention.

    > > 2 when you send a txt msg, why does the phone give you the impression
    > that
    > > you are also receving one, but giving out the same tone you would get
    > when
    > > you receive a msg just as the msg is sent ?

    Is this a delivery report that you are getting?

    Steve

    "T Welsh" <silvershadow21@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > Hello
    > could some one who has a 6230 please answer these questions
    >
    > 1. when sending text, i know that the msg is saved in the sent items
    > automatically, but why is it that when you go back to send a another
    > msg later, ur original msg is still on the * create new msg screen*.
    > Is this the normal thing, and you must clear the msg b4 starting
    > again.
    >

    > 2 when you send a txt msg, why does the phone give you the
    > impression that you are also receving one, but giving out the same
    > tone you would get when you receive a msg just as the msg is sent ?
    >

    > hope this makes sense
    >
    > Thomas

    The first point is quite handy, if you want to half-write a message and
    leave completing it until later. I believe the phone clears it after
    about a day automatically.

    I also get the second: my 6230 also plays the SMS alert when receiving a
    service message about the updated balance. Very annoying.

    This is a bug (v3.14); the phone should just give a warning beep for
    service messages (as all other Nokias do), not sound the SMS alert.
    Sloppy coding I think. Hope it gets fixed soon.

    --
    sA

    If it is a dilivery report i get nothing in my inbox ?,
    thats why i cant understand why i get the nokia double beep as the msg is
    sent

    Cheers

    "Steve" <No@Way.com> wrote in message

    > > > 2 when you send a txt msg, why does the phone give you the
    impression
    > > that
    > > > you are also receving one, but giving out the same tone you would get
    > > when
    > > > you receive a msg just as the msg is sent ?
    > > >
    > Is this a delivery report that you are getting?
    >
    > Steve

    Thanks my friend, this has been driving me up the wall trying to correct the
    settings, but i was getting nowhere, is there a software update that would
    cure this problem or anything else i could do

    Tom

    "southpawArcher" <null@null.null> wrote in message
    > "T Welsh" <silvershadow21@hotmail.com> wrote in
    >
    > > Hello
    > > could some one who has a 6230 please answer these questions
    > >
    > > 1. when sending text, i know that the msg is saved in the sent items
    > > automatically, but why is it that when you go back to send a another
    > > msg later, ur original msg is still on the * create new msg screen*.
    > > Is this the normal thing, and you must clear the msg b4 starting
    > > again.
    > >

    > > 2 when you send a txt msg, why does the phone give you the
    > > impression that you are also receving one, but giving out the same
    > > tone you would get when you receive a msg just as the msg is sent ?
    > >

    > > hope this makes sense
    > >
    > > Thomas
    > >

    > The first point is quite handy, if you want to half-write a message and
    > leave completing it until later. I believe the phone clears it after
    > about a day automatically.
    >
    > I also get the second: my 6230 also plays the SMS alert when receiving a
    > service message about the updated balance. Very annoying.
    >
    > This is a bug (v3.14); the phone should just give a warning beep for
    > service messages (as all other Nokias do), not sound the SMS alert.
    > Sloppy coding I think. Hope it gets fixed soon.
    >

    > --
    > sA

    On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 19:45:43 +0100, "T Welsh"
    <silvershadow21@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Thanks my friend, this has been driving me up the wall trying to correct the
    >settings, but i was getting nowhere, is there a software update that would
    >cure this problem

    3.14, 3.15 and 3.17 are the firmware releases in the UK so far. Nokia
    Asia handsets are currently on 4.28, so that should be imminent.

    >or anything else i could do

    >Tom

    Please don't top-post!

    On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 01:38:41 +0100, ƧØÞ <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote:

    >3.14, 3.15 and 3.17 are the firmware releases in the UK so far. Nokia
    >Asia handsets are currently on 4.28, so that should be imminent.

    Uhhh? Is there any difference or is Nokia just testing their future
    firmware versions?

    Willem.

    --
    Strip s from wblinks for email.