Couple Of 6230 Quests ?

Tags:
Last response: in Brands
August 4, 2004 11:51:26 AM

Hello
could some one who has a 6230 please answer these questions

1. when sending text, i know that the msg is saved in the sent items
automatically, but why is it that when you go back to send a another msg
later, ur original msg is still on the * create new msg screen*. Is this the
normal thing, and you must clear the msg b4 starting again.

2 when you send a txt msg, why does the phone give you the impression that
you are also receving one, but giving out the same tone you would get when
you receive a msg just as the msg is sent ?

hope this makes sense

Thomas

More about : couple 6230 quests

Anonymous
August 4, 2004 1:22:41 PM

"T Welsh" <silvershadow21@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> could some one who has a 6230 please answer these questions
>
> 1. when sending text, i know that the msg is saved in the sent items
> automatically, but why is it that when you go back to send a another msg
> later, ur original msg is still on the * create new msg screen*. Is this
the
> normal thing, and you must clear the msg b4 starting again.
>

> 2 when you send a txt msg, why does the phone give you the impression
that
> you are also receving one, but giving out the same tone you would get
when
> you receive a msg just as the msg is sent ?
>

> hope this makes sense
>
> Thomas

the message staying on the screen first appears in my 6100 I think..it's
alittle annoying but it's normal.

and I don't get the second one you mention.
August 4, 2004 7:33:10 PM

> > 2 when you send a txt msg, why does the phone give you the impression
> that
> > you are also receving one, but giving out the same tone you would get
> when
> > you receive a msg just as the msg is sent ?

Is this a delivery report that you are getting?

Steve
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 9:39:07 PM

"T Welsh" <silvershadow21@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Hello
> could some one who has a 6230 please answer these questions
>
> 1. when sending text, i know that the msg is saved in the sent items
> automatically, but why is it that when you go back to send a another
> msg later, ur original msg is still on the * create new msg screen*.
> Is this the normal thing, and you must clear the msg b4 starting
> again.
>

> 2 when you send a txt msg, why does the phone give you the
> impression that you are also receving one, but giving out the same
> tone you would get when you receive a msg just as the msg is sent ?
>

> hope this makes sense
>
> Thomas

The first point is quite handy, if you want to half-write a message and
leave completing it until later. I believe the phone clears it after
about a day automatically.

I also get the second: my 6230 also plays the SMS alert when receiving a
service message about the updated balance. Very annoying.

This is a bug (v3.14); the phone should just give a warning beep for
service messages (as all other Nokias do), not sound the SMS alert.
Sloppy coding I think. Hope it gets fixed soon.

--
sA
Anonymous

If it is a dilivery report i get nothing in my inbox ?,
thats why i cant understand why i get the nokia double beep as the msg is
sent

Cheers

"Steve" <No@Way.com> wrote in message

> > > 2 when you send a txt msg, why does the phone give you the
impression
> > that
> > > you are also receving one, but giving out the same tone you would get
> > when
> > > you receive a msg just as the msg is sent ?
> > >
> Is this a delivery report that you are getting?
>
> Steve

Anonymous
August 4, 2004 11:45:43 PM

Thanks my friend, this has been driving me up the wall trying to correct the
settings, but i was getting nowhere, is there a software update that would
cure this problem or anything else i could do

Tom

"southpawArcher" <null@null.null> wrote in message
> "T Welsh" <silvershadow21@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
> > Hello
> > could some one who has a 6230 please answer these questions
> >
> > 1. when sending text, i know that the msg is saved in the sent items
> > automatically, but why is it that when you go back to send a another
> > msg later, ur original msg is still on the * create new msg screen*.
> > Is this the normal thing, and you must clear the msg b4 starting
> > again.
> >

> > 2 when you send a txt msg, why does the phone give you the
> > impression that you are also receving one, but giving out the same
> > tone you would get when you receive a msg just as the msg is sent ?
> >

> > hope this makes sense
> >
> > Thomas
> >

> The first point is quite handy, if you want to half-write a message and
> leave completing it until later. I believe the phone clears it after
> about a day automatically.
>
> I also get the second: my 6230 also plays the SMS alert when receiving a
> service message about the updated balance. Very annoying.
>
> This is a bug (v3.14); the phone should just give a warning beep for
> service messages (as all other Nokias do), not sound the SMS alert.
> Sloppy coding I think. Hope it gets fixed soon.
>

> --
> sA
August 5, 2004 5:38:41 AM

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 19:45:43 +0100, "T Welsh"
<silvershadow21@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks my friend, this has been driving me up the wall trying to correct the
>settings, but i was getting nowhere, is there a software update that would
>cure this problem

3.14, 3.15 and 3.17 are the firmware releases in the UK so far. Nokia
Asia handsets are currently on 4.28, so that should be imminent.

>or anything else i could do

>Tom

Please don't top-post!
Anonymous
August 11, 2004 9:53:06 PM

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 01:38:41 +0100, ƧØÞ <no.spam@nowhere.net> wrote:

>3.14, 3.15 and 3.17 are the firmware releases in the UK so far. Nokia
>Asia handsets are currently on 4.28, so that should be imminent.

Uhhh? Is there any difference or is Nokia just testing their future
firmware versions?

Willem.

--
Strip s from wblinks for email.