Closed Solved

CM Storm Enforcer Fan Mod... Should I?

Hey,
Iv been bored lately and had some ideas on a fan mod for my CM Storm Enforcer. My idea is to basically cut a 110mm hole in the front panel of the case so i can install a 120mm fan behind the panel. This will push air threw my empty 5" bays at the top which is directly inline with my CPU cooler fan. Here are some images of what i mean.



I know that it wont increase my coolers performance by a huge amount (probs only 3-5 degrees c) but it would be a unique project.
What do you think?
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about storm enforcer
  1. What temps do you have ?
  2. The placement of fans is usually part of an Intel ATX specification.
    - Change it at your own risk.
  3. prototype18 said:
    What temps do you have ?

    Around 70c at 100% with my OC.
  4. Adding a top exhuast fan would make a big difference to your temps.

    More so than another front fan.
  5. Best answer
    I vote you do it, also consider a 120mm on the rearside panel blowing onto the back of the Cpu socket,
    Mod like you got to :)
    Depending on how your plate covers are, you may want to mount it the way I did,
    cut out sections of the drivebay cover for the fan to sit in,



    you may want to drill/cut/mesh the front as well in your case to allow airflow, I'm not sure how that frontpanel is, if its solid or not
    Moto
  6. darth pravus said:
    Adding a top exhuast fan would make a big difference to your temps.

    More so than another front fan.

    I have two 120mm fans on the top :)
  7. Motopsychojdn said:
    I vote you do it, also consider a 120mm on the rearside panel blowing onto the back of the Cpu socket,
    Mod like you got to :)
    Depending on how your plate covers are, you may want to mount it the way I did,
    cut out sections of the drivebay cover for the fan to sit in,
    http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/Motopsychojdn/Psycho%20Rider/IMAG0171.jpg
    http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q172/Motopsychojdn/Psycho%20Rider/IMAG0174.jpg

    you may want to drill/cut/mesh the front as well in your case to allow airflow, I'm not sure how that frontpanel is, if its solid or not
    Moto

    oooooo, that looks sexy man!
    thanks for the information and a great idea :)
    do you also have the rearside panel fan mod as well?
  8. My case has it as a feature, In Win's dragon Rider,
    Good pic here of the internals,
    http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/in_win_dragon_rider/3.htm
    but I modded things a lot, including the front fan,
    the Rearside fan does affect temps by around 1-3'c on my testing, I can link my build logs if you wish,
    Moto
  9. Motopsychojdn said:
    My case has it as a feature, In Win's dragon Rider,
    Good pic here of the internals,
    http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/in_win_dragon_rider/3.htm
    but I modded things a lot, including the front fan,
    the Rearside fan does affect temps by around 1-3'c on my testing, I can link my build logs if you wish,
    Moto

    Looks great! Yeh id love to see them thanks!
  10. Best answer selected by trigg.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Fan Cooling Front Panel Components