Closed Solved

I7-3930k CPU Low Cost Cooling Advice

Hi guys,

I am kinda a new over here so I am sorry if this thread is in the wrong place.

I recently bought the i7-3930k and when i got it this week i saw it came without cooling.

i'm not planning to overclock my system at all at the beginning.

I'm looking for a low cost cooler for my cpu which will placed on Inted DX79SI motherboard along with Gigabyte

AMD Radeon HD 7950 3 GB. (common usage : High Res Games, Programming & Image Processing).

Which of the following provides better cooling and less noise:

Noctuta NH-L12 ---> My Favorite
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608025&Tpk=NH-l12

Nocuta NH-D14
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608024

btw, my case is CoolerMaster 690 II

Thanks !
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about 3930k cost cooling advice
  1. OR: Ask the retailer where the cooler went, as Intel CPUs are meant to be sold with a cooler unless specified otherwise.
  2. Scott_D_Bowen said:
    OR: Ask the retailer where the cooler went, as Intel CPUs are meant to be sold with a cooler unless specified otherwise.

apparently this kind of of cpu is not sold with stock fan
  3. Best answer
    The i7-3930K is part of the lga2011 Sandy Bridge-E high end processors. It does not come with a stock cooler. Also, it's far from being a cheap processor so I don't know why you are trying to cheap out on a cooler for it. If cost is that big an issue you should have gone for one on the lga1155 Sandy/Ivy Bridge platform. These are much cheaper, come with stock coolers and are just as potent for gaming.
  4. pauls3743 said:
    The i7-3930K is part of the lga2011 Sandy Bridge-E high end processors. It does not come with a stock cooler. Also, it's far from being a cheap processor so I don't know why you are trying to cheap out on a cooler for it. If cost is that big an issue you should have gone for one on the lga1155 Sandy/Ivy Bridge platform. These are much cheaper, come with stock coolers and are just as potent for gaming.

I already bought it ,

which cooling system component is recommended which is not water cooling?
  5. CM Hyper EVO
  6. The dh14 is great if you like that.
  7. Best answer selected by ronenil.
  8. thank you guys ! I appreciate the help !!

and Darth Pravus , i will get the dh14 - a high end cpu and mobo requires a good cooler.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Intel i7 Product