Status
Not open for further replies.

marrius22

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
Hi, im new to this forum and i want to ask you few things and 1st off all sorry for my bad english.

I bought a new computer, I7 3820 at 3,600ghz, Asus rampage IV formula,16gb crosshair 1866mhz, nvidia gtx 670,2 hdd ( 500gb wich i have it from 5 years ago and there is no prob with it and 3 tb), and 1000W power source. Ok so far so good.
I instaled windwos 7 x64 on the 500gb hdd and when i runned the test for windows experience index and it freezed for the 1st time.... and same thing after i open 3...4... or more youtube videos it freeze,and sometimes it freezes after leting the winamp run and going to eat...but funny thing is that i played games (League of Legends ,GTA 4) and had no freezing problems.. I runned mem check nothing rong, i instaled another windows 7 x64 and still same thing. I dont think the softwere is the problem cuz i instaled the latest there is...
Any help poiting to the component that might not be compatible? i think the CPU or the ram... the components new but without warranty cuz i got them cheaper from a friend that works at that shop, but he will change the components if they have any problems just like normal warranty.. but the thing is, we and his friends cant figure what is the problem with the freeze and dont know what component is bad.. any help please? 10x :(

Freezes are made of either software or hardware issues.

It's hard to estimate right now.

Try to install windows 8 no matter if you want it or not, and don't pirate download it, try to get the original, so you're sure of no bugs.

If that doesn't work then you can try to test the hardware.

I'd try running HDD tests - Seasonic tools, CPU tests - prime 95 or intel burn test, GPU tests - furmark or MSI kombustor and RAM tests - intel burn test.

MIND THIS:

You can't start by doing hardware tests, because the software could be problem and might freeze your pc ANYTIME during any of the tests.

_kaos_

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
I think your 500GB HDD drive might be failing, being 5 yrs old...
Run chkdsk to check that HDD & relocate the bad sectors.
Even better run a S.M.A.R.T test. Get the utilities from the vendors site

EDIT: If possible you can try installing the OS on the other drive and see if it still freezes

with new mb and new cpu sound like the mb bios is so old it missing the cpu or ram code. check the bios rev of your mb if it older the 1404 you have to use the asus bios converter becuase the switxched over to cap files and efi bios.

marrius22

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
wow thx all for the support, ok so i runned this test so far http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/10361545/file.html , i runned chkdsk and at verifying file data 4 of 5 it started to verify verry slow from 59699, i waited like 10-15 min to reach 59701 and after this it went smooth, could this be a sign? i also runned this on the 500gb hdd http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/64968997/file.html , and this on the 3tb http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/19416083/file.html but i really dont know if the results are ok or not :D. il try the pc mark 7 now and see what it says :)

marrius22

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
ok so i runned pc mark 7 and i got blue screen at the 1st video.. and the windows checked the hard for erros uhmm http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/47263069/file.html. I have the last nvidia driver for gtx670 from nvidia.com, why did i got blue screen?

marrius22

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
and the bios.. i didnt upgrade it.. should i upgrade it from the windows with the programs from the cd or from the boot before windows starts ? this new technology my head hurts

_kaos_

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
hmmm...
The HDD reports look normal to me, so it's probably not your HDD at fault

Tried using the safe mode?
Does Windows freeze even during safe mode?
If it doesn't, the freezing is mostly due to drivers/software conflict.

Also I noticed you have been using Kaspersky.
I too use Kaspersky so I can tell you from personal experience that it can conflict with lot of other software...
Remove any such software, or you can disable Kaspersky for the time being & check if windows still freezes...

And no, you shouldn't be too hasty for a bios upgrade...
Like smorizio said check you bios version and cpu/ram support list from asus

If you are required to flash a new bios, a bootable usb/cd is recommended

what brand of power supply? just because it is 1000w doesnt mean it is any good. a 500w good quality power supply can out-perform a cheap and nasty 1000w psu. also check your temperatures with HWMonitor. something may be overheating.

marrius22

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

http://www.highpowersupply.com/HPC1000g14c.html the supply is good,and as u can see here there is no prob with the temperature http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/10361545/file.html, max temperature was 42 on the CPU when i runned the test.. the overheating isnt the prob :(

ok, download and run your hard drive manufacturers diagnostic utility to check for bad sectors, windows checkdisk isnt very good. Even better would be to run HDDregenerator if you can get a hold of it, its more thorough but takes a long time to check.

marrius22

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
uhmm u sure its the hdd fault and not ram or video card? when il get home il exclude the 500gb hdd and try to install the windows on the 3 tb hdd and see if i get same problem

_kaos_

Honorable
Nov 20, 2012
Did you use SeaTools? Or was it some other software?
The interface in pics looks different(could be because of different versions)...

marrius22

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
uhmm idk i downloaded a program and i got error some file missing and i instaled that program cuz i couldnt find any, uhmm il dld it in few hours and try with seatools. i want to install the windows on the 3tb hdd but i cant take 100gb for C out of it.. it gives me a *** error 0x08.. something like that and im forced to install the windows on the 2 tb partition

mi1ez

Splendid

I wouldn't trust any PSU with more amps on +5V and +3.3V than any of the +12V rails...

marrius22

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

xD dont know anything about this. anyway il go tommorow at a pc service,im verry curiosly what the problem is , verry strange crashes. play gta4 max settings no freeze, watch youtube => freeze, let winamp play music 5 min => freeze, pc mark 7 => blue screen on the 1st test with video.

marrius22

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
ok guys i found the problem :d it was the 500gb hdd , i excluded it and installed windows on the new one and works awsome now no errors no nothing :) thnx for support all, u can close the topic :p

Status
Not open for further replies.