sony cybershot dsc-s40 and memory stick problems!!

Last response: in Digital Camera
a b } Memory
August 22, 2005 12:49:20 PM

I own a cybershot dsc-s40 and a MSX512S memory stick pro 512mb. When i
take pictures using the cameras internal hard drive, I can transfer
pictures to the computer fine. However, when I use the memorys stick
pro, the pictures are always corrupted, and when viewing them either on
the pc or the camera, I receive errors. (eg. on the pc, I can see the
thumbnail, but upon opening it in windows picture and fax viewer, it
says 'drawing failed') I have tried formatting the memory stick using
the camera but the problem persists. I can write files to the memorys
stick from the computer fine. Is this a problem with the camera or the
memory stick?
Anonymous
a b } Memory
August 22, 2005 2:55:42 PM

the camera supports memory stick pro; it even has the memory stick pro
logo on the camera itself.
Anonymous
a b } Memory
August 22, 2005 9:52:50 PM

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 08:49:20 -0700, bibekd wrote:

> I own a cybershot dsc-s40 and a MSX512S memory stick pro 512mb. When i
> take pictures using the cameras internal hard drive, I can transfer
> pictures to the computer fine. However, when I use the memorys stick
> pro, the pictures are always corrupted, and when viewing them either on
> the pc or the camera, I receive errors. (eg. on the pc, I can see the
> thumbnail, but upon opening it in windows picture and fax viewer, it
> says 'drawing failed') I have tried formatting the memory stick using
> the camera but the problem persists. I can write files to the memorys
> stick from the computer fine. Is this a problem with the camera or the
> memory stick?
Check your manual; not all cameras can use mem stick pro.
--
Neil
Delete delete to reply by email