Sign in with
Your question

AMD APU Trinity A10 for media center PC

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 6, 2012 6:07:13 AM

Hi all,

Im planning to buy a media center PC with this AMD APU Trinity A10 processor, I heard this is the latest APU technology with AMD and it is quite powerful as, anyone some comment about getting a pC with this ? :o 
a b À AMD
June 6, 2012 6:13:19 AM

the desktop apus aren't due out till around august.
Related resources
a b À AMD
June 6, 2012 1:11:58 PM

jensbun said:
there's one I saw which is using AMD Trinity A8 or 10, it's called ARCTIC MC101 media center PC.

From the TechPowerUp article you linked:

Quote:
ARCTIC's MC101 Series will follow closely after the official release of the AMD APU Trinity

So it's not available yet.

As for buying/building an HTPC out of it, it really depends on what you want to do with your HTPC. If it's strictly for media playback it's probably serious over-kill. If you're looking to game with this, then we'd need to know how well the integrated graphics would perform. Too many questions and not enough answers to say one way or another.

-Wolf sends
June 7, 2012 7:03:48 AM

Quote:
So it's not available yet.

It's should be available, PMD lauched trinity around 25 May.... for the MC101, I checked it's ready for pre-order....

http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/living/entertainment-center.h...

coolcat888: you have have a look at the link above if you want AMD APU trinity processor.

;) 
July 5, 2012 5:43:49 AM

Guys, is available coz I have received mine yesterday! it's brilliant!

@coolcat888- hey if you still thinking to buy the MC101 or not, you should consider coz I got it and I love it, working great and fast and looking cool!
!