Sign in with
Your question

Will my Motherboard fit my PC Case + Is this a good PC?

Last response: in Systems
July 28, 2012 4:30:27 PM

Hi Everyone, basically i wanted to know whether my motherboard will fit my PC Case. I want to purchase either but i need to know whether they'll fit in.

Motherboard:
Sharkoon T9 ATX Midi Tower Case

NZXT Phantom USB 3.0 Big Tower Chassis

Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid-Tower Gaming Case

PC Case:
Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 Motherboard (Socket 1155, 32GB DDR3 Support, Intel Z77 Express, ATX, PCI-E 3.0, USB 3.0, Quad GPU AMD CrossfireX, Supports HDMI 1.4a)

Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard (Socket AM3+, Up to 16GB DDR3, USB 3.0, uATX)

Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Motherboard (Socket 1155, ATX, DDR3, USB 3.0, HDMI, Bluetooth Module)

Here are the products that I'm going to buy before building my PC

Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 3.5 inch 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB 6GB/S Internal SATA Drive
RAM: Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 16GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Four Module Kit
Power supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1000W Power Supply Unit
Graphics Card: XFX ATI Radeon HD6950 Graphics Card PCI-e 2 GB GDDR5 Memory 2x DVI HDMI 2x Display Port
CPU: Intel Sandybridge i5-2500K Unlocked Core i5 Quad-Core Processor (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache, Socket 1155)

Will that be a good computer and will it all fit in the PC case?

Also when its made, how will i install the software side of it, e.g will it load up into the bios or something or do i just install an Windows 7 OS?

July 28, 2012 4:38:37 PM

You have your cases listed under Motherboard and Motherboard listed under cases.

You have a Intel processor chosen, but you're looking at Motherboards with AMD sockets, except for the Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3. The other motherboards will NOT work with the i5-2500k or any other Intel processor.

Consider choosing a better HDD brand like Western Digital. I've owned 3 Seagate HDDs over the years and all of them died within a year. have 5 different WD HDDs ranging from about 1-6 years old and all of them are running like new. I will never buy anything other than WD for a HDD again. SSDs are a different story. There's a reason Seagate drives are so cheap.

To install Windows after you build the PC you are going to either need a DVD drive and an install CD or you could create a bootable USB. When you boot it for the first time, you need to choose which device to boot, boot from the DVD or USB, and then follow the installation wizard.

The Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 will fit in any of those cases.
!