Finalizing Build Before Purchase

italiasian

Distinguished
May 29, 2011
Approximate Purchase Date: Before August 3rd

Budget Range: sub $850
System Usage from Most to Least Important: 3D modeling/rendering, graphic design, gaming

Are you buying a monitor: No

Do you need to buy OS: No

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg, Ncix, Micro Center

Parts Preferences: Intel, Gigabyte, Corsair

Overclocking: Yes later on

SLI or Crossfire: SLI in the future

Your Monitor Resolution: 1680x1050*2

Additional Comments: I only need the Processor, Motherboard, Ram, and Power Supply

current part list: PcPartPicker

Can't decide which motherboard to pick. Z77X-UP5 TH and GA-Z77X-UP4 TH

Is the $65 dollar difference really worth it? And do you think gigabyte will release the Z77X-UP5 TH without the wireless card? since the Z77X-UD5H and the Z77X-UD5H-WB are the same board but there is a $30 difference just for the wireless card.

cranked

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2012
There isn't much difference between the UP5 and UP4 other than the wireless/BT card. The UP5 has a few more SATA/USB ports.

As for your build, you don't want that ram with the large heatsinks, it will most likely cause issues with an aftermarket cooler. Get the low pro corsair or something from G. Skill or Crucial.

For the PSU, it is unlikely you need to go to 850, but without knowing the rest of your components, I can't say for sure.

As for the mobo, do you need the wifi? Those UP4/5 boards have 3 PCI-3.0 slots, do you think you need that many? You would have most of the same features with a $120 Asrock Extreme4 and still get 2 PCI-3.0 slots.

italiasian

Distinguished
May 29, 2011

With this build, i am going to buy more parts when i have more money. I am going to have 4 7200rpm HDD's and 2 SSD's along with a GTX 660 ti when the Asus Direct CU II when it comes out, and i will be doing SLI when i need more performance. The reason for the motherboards is thunderbolt, I will be using External HDD's daisy-chained together. I am going with a color scheme of black, white and i can't find ram at 2x8gb CL9 that is low profile, also i don't worry about clearance since i have built a system with a hyper 212+ and the ram fit under it with out any problems.

italiasian

Distinguished
May 29, 2011

The muskin blackline looks perfect, and the motherboards were confusing me, the specs were so close and that i couldn't decide, so ill go with the one without the wifi.