New build, beeps but no post

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the community so first of all please let me know if this post isn't in the right spot. I recently decided to tackle something I've always wanted to do and that was to build my own computer. I purchased all of the parts off of newegg one by one and watched/read anything I could about what I would be doing. I was following this newegg guide here,, and during the test build I get a beep, but nothing posts. I have tried vga and hdmi from both the motherboard and the video card. I was very careful of static discharge when assembling everything and I can't seem to find anything about beep but no post; everything is no beep no post. I have also tried to trouble shoot it with this guide on tom's, I'll list out my components below here. Like I said I was trying to test build so only the cpu, cooler, ram and video card were attached to the psu externally.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H -
CPU: Intel i5-3570k -
Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO -
Memory: Patriot intel EXTREME MASTERS -
Video Card: GIGABYTE GV-N66TWF2-2GD -
Power Supply: RAIDMAX Blackstone series RX-700AC 700W -
Hard Drive: Western Digital WD Black 1TB -
SSD: SAMSUNG 840 Pro -

Thank you in advance for reading and helping me if you can.
2 answers Last reply
More about build beeps post
  1. It is possible that a faulty video card is causing this problem. So remove the video card and use the motherboard display outputs.
  2. So after hours and hours of playing around and remounting the cpu and cooler and checking everything multiple times. During my last test build I got output! I'm not sure what I did differently, didn't feel like anything. I shorted the power and the mobo splash screen appeared. I have a feeling it had to be a loose cable but I checked them multiple times, not to mention unplugged and plugged them in multiple times.
Ask a new question

Read More

Components Product