Asus GTX 570 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssilver7

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
I am currently having trouble with my new Asus GTX 570 showing horizontal lines all over the screen, starting from boot. Initially when I built it everything ran fine dual screening for 2 days (with all of the drivers and temperature monitoring tools) until I came back to the computer after a break to find both monitors black, I assumed it was in sleep mode but was unable to wake it. After a reboot I noticed lines all over the screen, as well as my Windows 7 not making it past the POST. Trying it again the next morning yielded the same result.

After a bit of playing around I gave in with my Windows install and reformatted and did a fresh install, however the graphic problem remained. The lines are static, but will change position if a new window opens around whatever is active. Currently I am running on integrated graphics and there are no issues.

Specs are:
GPU: Asus GTX 570
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V
Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K
Power supply: Corsair HX-650
Case: CoolerMaster RC-912A-KWN1 HAF912 Advance
RAM: G Skill 8G(2x4G) DDR3 1333MHZ PC3-10666 CL9(8GBXL)
DVD drive: LiteON SATA DVD-RW 24X Black
HDDs: Crucial M4 128GB
Seagate SATA3 2TB 7200RPM Barracuda

I have tried the graphics card in both PCI slots, various monitors in it (both DVI and VGA with the included adapter), switching power cables, updating the BIOS, reseating and cleaning, removing all powered devices which aren't necessary and putting my old graphics card in the computer. All of this testing indicates that the graphics card is the problem. I cannot test with a different PSU or in another computer easily as I don't have access anything big or powerful enough.

On a side note, one of my old LCD monitors that I was using as the secondary screen went dim today, which I tested on two other computers to the same result.

I am at a loss for what else to do other than return it, but want to be sure before I do. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
have you tried installing the graphics card into a different machine? because if it gives you the same problem in another machine then your card is faulty and you should send it back for a refund or replacement

Cromat88

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
have you tried installing the graphics card into a different machine? because if it gives you the same problem in another machine then your card is faulty and you should send it back for a refund or replacement

Solution

ssilver7

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012

As I stated previously, I don't have access to a machine that can support the graphics card due to its size and power requirements. I will try harder to find a friend that is able to test the card though.

I just wanted to ensure with this post that I had exhausted all other alternatives before going for a replacement and perhaps get an explanation as to reason for the fault from someone more experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.