Sign in with
Your question

How many monitors can i run

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 6, 2012 9:54:22 AM

Hello,

im planning to buy new pc and i wanna ask how many monitors can it run, since there are 2x DVI + HDMI on graphic card and DVI, VGA and DisplayPort on motherboard, so does this mean i can run 6 monitors, or how many ?

Thanks

More about : monitors run

a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 6, 2012 10:06:24 AM

No, not 6. When using the motherboard, you can only display 2 at a time ( assuming its a Z kind of motherboard (socket 1155).
When using the graphics card, the motherboard graphics is disabled. If you have AMD series 5XXX or above, you can usually run up as many monitors as the number of ports there is minus 1 except for some special models such as Sapphire Flex which can utilize all ports.

To avoid any doubt, what is your graphics card brand & model, & what is your motherboard model?
June 6, 2012 10:13:41 AM

randomkid said:
No, not 6. When using the motherboard, you can only display 2 at a time ( assuming its a Z kind of motherboard (socket 1155).
When using the graphics card, the motherboard graphics is disabled. If you have AMD series 5XXX or above, you can usually run up as many monitors as the number of ports there is minus 1 except for some special models such as Sapphire Flex which can utilize all ports.

To avoid any doubt, what is your graphics card brand & model, & what is your motherboard model?

motherboard probably ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
and graphic card ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 6, 2012 10:31:22 AM

phdzor said:
motherboard probably ASUS P8Z77-V PRO
and graphic card ASUS ENGTX560 DCII TOP/2DI/1GD5

Yes, my earlier answer about the motherboard applies. Only 2 display at the same time but it will be disabled once you put a graphics card into the PCIe slot.
And since you have an nVidia 5XX, you can only use 2 display at a time. Only 6XX series of nVidia can display more than 2 on a single card.
June 6, 2012 11:13:20 AM

Thanks ;) 
!