Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Eyefinity adapter help.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 6, 2012 10:06:28 AM

Yesterday I purchased a new video card (XFX 6950 2gb) and i also ordered a displayport to dvi active adapter that according to comments works for eyefinity.

Stupidly I didnt look hard enough and realized it has mini displayports on the card.....

The cheapest route now is to buy a MINI-DP to DP adapter, then hook the DP to DVI adapter to that, then to my monitor, would this work? any help would be appreciated.

oh and yes i have found a AMD Eyefinity certified adapter from their site. thanks.

More about : eyefinity adapter

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
June 6, 2012 11:07:25 AM

When I bought by Sapphire 6950 2GB, it also have a mini DP & have a miniDP to DP adaptor included in the box. I looked at XFX but it seems like it does not have.

But yes, it will work. The miniDP to DP just change the size but all connectors are the same. Much like mini USB to USB.

June 6, 2012 1:04:25 PM

Cool thanks, I know these DP adapters can be screwy as far as active/passive goes. I just wanted to make sure an adapter, then adapter, then dvi cable wouldnt cause a problem haha.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
June 6, 2012 1:20:36 PM

beauganster said:
Cool thanks, I know these DP adapters can be screwy as far as active/passive goes. I just wanted to make sure an adapter, then adapter, then dvi cable wouldnt cause a problem haha.

I like Sapphire because they always put a lot of accessories in the box while keeping the price low. The cards itself might have been even cheaper if they don't include it but you don't know when these extra accessories will come in handy so I am still glad they do.
June 6, 2012 10:45:17 PM

Best answer selected by beauganster.
!