Some major desktop icons are screwed up

April 23, 2005 1:34:06 PM

Hi, I uninstalled a program. After that, some of the icons on my desktop got
messed up. The shortcut was there but the icon pic wasn't. I was able to fix
the problem for most of the shortcuts by going into properties and re-apply
the icon file. Only "My Computer", "My Network Places", "My Docuement",
"Recycle Bin" and "Internet Exploerer" weren't able to fix by going into it
properties. I looked thru the knowledge base and double check the registry
setting as it stated, everything looked correct and I restarted my PC a
couple times.. but still not able to fix the problem. How can I get back
those major icons back? I am running Windows XP Pro. Thanks
Anonymous
April 23, 2005 9:53:51 PM

Go here
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/... and
download TweakUI. Install and launch it. At the bottom left is a repair
branch. Click on that. In the drop down, make sure 'Rebuild Icons' is
displayed then hit Repair Now.

--
Walter Clayton

!