Pentium 4 ht for video streamong on tv

02hudsond

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
im wondering if a pentium 4 2.8- 3.2 ghz with ht be decent enough for streaming video from the internet .. youtube,live tv,etc on a 32inch tv thru a vga port as i can get a dell gx620 off my market for 30pounds ... the box comes with 1. or 2 gb of ram and i would want to run windows 7 if possible as thats my prefferd o.s .. i will in the future be using on board video too . also be used for the odd web browsing ( i have laptop that mainly browse on ) ... so it would only be used for films and tv streaming and playback of movies ... would a p4 ht be alright for that .... i can also got a 3200 athlon single core for 25 but iv always found p4 ht better for multitasking ... thanks i only ask because i aint used one in a while

02hudsond

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
if i was to buy a cheap video card like a 8400gs would that make it decent .... i only need it to stream tv at standard quality on tvcatchup website

There are very nice cheap cards current, like the HD7750 or 6570...

popatim

Titan
that p4 might only have an agp port. You might need to check before you buy.

otherwise for streaming tv it should be ok but theres now way I would even try to websurf with it. My Pentium D 920 (dual core p4) was unbearable when I set it up for a friend so I trashed it instead.