Sign in with
Your question
Solved

GTX 670

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 6, 2012 12:55:37 PM

Hey guys, upgrading to a 670 GPU and I've decided to go with EVGA, but there's a standard one and a factory OC'd one. Any difference other than the factory OC? If not I'll just save the $20 and OC with afterburner.

Standard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Factory OC
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks for the help.

More about : gtx 670

June 6, 2012 12:59:51 PM

Hi atomiczam,

If you are comfortable overclocking, you'd likely OC the Factory OC card past their settings anyway. There's always more speed to be had :) 

I would go with the stock, and OC yourself. No reason to spend an extra $20
June 6, 2012 1:07:27 PM

for preference i always just save the little bit and overclock my self. even though those factory overclocked cards are known working at those speeds, they are very minimal overclocks unless you get FTW editions or something of the sort. Which you could just overclock passed that set speed anyway.

I just depends on the batch that you get, sometimes i have even found some factory overclocked cards would not overclock as high as a none overclocked card, odd yes, but sometimes it happens.

so as blade mentioned, if you are ok with overclocking yourself then save some cash and go with the stock card
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 6, 2012 1:08:09 PM

blade061188 said:
Hi atomiczam,

If you are comfortable overclocking, you'd likely OC the Factory OC card past their settings anyway. There's always more speed to be had :) 

I would go with the stock, and OC yourself. No reason to spend an extra $20

Yeah, the plan was to OC it myself either way, but just wanted to know if there was any other difference. The OC'd one has a nice black finish that would look good through my HAF-X window but I'm not willing to spend $20 bucks for that.

Best solution

June 6, 2012 1:10:05 PM

Yep,

It's just a matter of what your stock settings are. If you aren't going to use the stock settings, there's no reason to pay more.
June 6, 2012 1:14:54 PM

Best answer selected by atomiczam.
June 6, 2012 1:15:53 PM

blade061188 said:
Yep,

It's just a matter of what your stock settings are. If you aren't going to use the stock settings, there's no reason to pay more.

Ok thanks, what I figured but just wanted to make sure before I dropped the money on it.
!