Nokia 6600 & Pc Suite Connection via bluetooth How??????????

I am having terrible trouble trying to connect my Nokia 6600 to PcSuite via
bluetooth dongle. ( Belkin)

I can transfer files business cards etc no problem.

But when I install Pc Suite it does not recognise my bluetooth connection
I've tried everything I know (And thats not a lot!!)

Syncronising with Outlook was one of the main reasons I bought phone so not
very happy!

Thanks!!
15 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6600 suite connection bluetooth

    I use the Belkin dongle too... works OK, but a bit difficult to set up..

    I have to:
    - double click on Belkin Icon (lower right of windows screen), opens My
    Bluetooth Places, then click on Entire Bluetooth Neighborhood, this opens up
    a window with the Nokia 6600 phone in it - then right click and connect
    serial port.. once this is done, open PC Suite and connect..

    there may be an easier way, but for now, this works for me.. maybe sure the
    phone B/T is turned on.

    Scott

    "NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > I am having terrible trouble trying to connect my Nokia 6600 to PcSuite
    via
    > bluetooth dongle. ( Belkin)
    >
    > I can transfer files business cards etc no problem.
    >
    > But when I install Pc Suite it does not recognise my bluetooth connection
    > I've tried everything I know (And thats not a lot!!)
    >
    > Syncronising with Outlook was one of the main reasons I bought phone so
    not
    > very happy!
    >
    > Thanks!!

    Thanks for replying

    But I cannot get Entire Bluetooth Neighbourhood up??

    it keeps trying to connect to Com0!!

    "Scott C" <sns1820@aol.com> wrote in message
    > I use the Belkin dongle too... works OK, but a bit difficult to set up..
    >
    > I have to:
    > - double click on Belkin Icon (lower right of windows screen), opens My
    > Bluetooth Places, then click on Entire Bluetooth Neighborhood, this opens
    up
    > a window with the Nokia 6600 phone in it - then right click and connect
    > serial port.. once this is done, open PC Suite and connect..
    >
    > there may be an easier way, but for now, this works for me.. maybe sure
    the
    > phone B/T is turned on.
    >
    > Scott
    >
    > "NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > I am having terrible trouble trying to connect my Nokia 6600 to PcSuite
    > via
    > > bluetooth dongle. ( Belkin)
    > >
    > > I can transfer files business cards etc no problem.
    > >
    > > But when I install Pc Suite it does not recognise my bluetooth
    connection
    > > I've tried everything I know (And thats not a lot!!)
    > >
    > > Syncronising with Outlook was one of the main reasons I bought phone so
    > not
    > > very happy!
    > >
    > > Thanks!!

    "NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:<0s5Qc.144$ZL1.29@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net>...
    > I am having terrible trouble trying to connect my Nokia 6600 to PcSuite via
    > bluetooth dongle. ( Belkin)
    >
    > I can transfer files business cards etc no problem.
    >
    > But when I install Pc Suite it does not recognise my bluetooth connection
    > I've tried everything I know (And thats not a lot!!)
    >
    > Syncronising with Outlook was one of the main reasons I bought phone so not
    > very happy!

    We can suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian OS
    phones ( http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ). We offer quite new
    connection algorythm, which allows to establish rather stable
    connection.

    If you will have any connection problems, just have a look on our
    forum thread dedicated to Symbian phones connection troubles:

    http://www.oxygenphonemanager.com/forum/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=opmSconnection

    If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
    Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
    info@oxygensoftware.com
    http://www.opm-2.com/
    http://www.oxygensoftware.com/

    > Thanks for replying
    >
    > But I cannot get Entire Bluetooth Neighbourhood up??
    >
    > it keeps trying to connect to Com0!!

    If you have an internal modem, try opening the device manager and
    disabling it. It's annoying, but that was what worked for me.

    Lower right of the running Applications area, next to the clock, should be a
    "connection Icon" (gray) - looks like 2 plugs that are not connected.. open
    this, choose the Com port you want. I use COM 10.

    On 5 Aug 2004 07:40:26 -0700, support@opm-2.com (Oxygen Software) wrote:

    >We can suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian OS
    >phones ( http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ).

    Did you guys (Oxygen) know that the download link on the left of that page leads
    to OPM2, not the Symbian one?

    I found the right one eventually, here:
    http://www.oxygensoftware.com/download/

    Chris Pollard

    http://www.cginternet.net

    "Christopher Pollard" <rubbish@cginternet.net> wrote in message
    > On 5 Aug 2004 07:40:26 -0700, support@opm-2.com (Oxygen Software) wrote:
    >
    >>We can suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian OS
    >>phones ( http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ).
    >
    > Did you guys (Oxygen) know that the download link on the left of that page
    > leads
    > to OPM2, not the Symbian one?

    They keep putting up the wrong product links for their own software.

    On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 15:33:57 +1000, "Mike Williams" <mikew@Nospam.nospamever.org>
    wrote:

    >They keep putting up the wrong product links for their own software.

    Oh, so it's normal then. :-)

    Kinda works too, but that bluetooth stuff is rather a black art isn't it?
    Sometimes it connects, sometines not.

    Ironically, when I installed and ran the OPM client in the phone, Nokia's
    mrouter think sprang into life as it recognised the phone.

    Still couldn't connect with PC Shite though.

    > On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 15:33:57 +1000, "Mike Williams"
    > <mikew@Nospam.nospamever.org>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>They keep putting up the wrong product links for their own software.
    >
    > Oh, so it's normal then. :-)
    >
    > Kinda works too, but that bluetooth stuff is rather a black art isn't it?
    > Sometimes it connects, sometines not.
    >
    > Ironically, when I installed and ran the OPM client in the phone, Nokia's
    > mrouter think sprang into life as it recognised the phone.
    >
    > Still couldn't connect with PC Shite though.

    PC shite indeed. I find BT works in windows XP OK for file transfer, but as
    soon as PC Shite is involved - it's a disaster.

    On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 19:41:07 +1000, "Mike Williams"
    <mikew@Nospam.nospamever.org> wrote:

    >"Christopher Pollard" <rubbish@cginternet.net> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 15:33:57 +1000, "Mike Williams"
    >> <mikew@Nospam.nospamever.org>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>They keep putting up the wrong product links for their own software.
    >>
    >> Oh, so it's normal then. :-)
    >>
    >> Kinda works too, but that bluetooth stuff is rather a black art isn't it?
    >> Sometimes it connects, sometines not.
    >>
    >> Ironically, when I installed and ran the OPM client in the phone, Nokia's
    >> mrouter think sprang into life as it recognised the phone.
    >>
    >> Still couldn't connect with PC Shite though.
    >
    >PC shite indeed. I find BT works in windows XP OK for file transfer, but as
    >soon as PC Shite is involved - it's a disaster.

    latest pc suite and bt works fine for me. i've got an instantpan bt
    dongle from ebay.co.uk which was a doddle to setup and works perfect
    with pc suite / 6600.

    >latest pc suite and bt works fine for me. i've got an instantpan bt
    >dongle from ebay.co.uk which was a doddle to setup and works perfect
    >with pc suite / 6600.

    btw, im running xp pro sp1.

    I have now give up trying to connect with Pc Suite come to the conclusion it
    is a problem with Belkin bluetooth dongle.
    Everytime I try and make a virtual com port it uses Com0 which phone does
    not like so have now give in unless anyone has any ideas??

    I get around it by sending any dates I create on phone to my PDA vis
    bluetooth then when I sync PDA via bluetooth
    it syncs with Outlook on PC bit long winded I know but only way I can see of
    doing it!!!

    Thanks

    "eggster2k" <eggster2k@NOSPAMbreathe.com> wrote in message

    >>latest pc suite and bt works fine for me. i've got an instantpan bt
    >>dongle from ebay.co.uk which was a doddle to setup and works perfect
    >>with pc suite / 6600.
    >
    > btw, im running xp pro sp1.

    I have latest PC suite, and tried sp1 and latest testable build of sp2. same
    PC suite mess with 6230.

    On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 20:00:04 +1000, "Mike Williams"
    <mikew@Nospam.nospamever.org> wrote:

    >"eggster2k" <eggster2k@NOSPAMbreathe.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>latest pc suite and bt works fine for me. i've got an instantpan bt
    >>>dongle from ebay.co.uk which was a doddle to setup and works perfect
    >>>with pc suite / 6600.
    >>
    >> btw, im running xp pro sp1.
    >
    >I have latest PC suite, and tried sp1 and latest testable build of sp2. same
    >PC suite mess with 6230.

    i have used the following with no probs on my xp pc.

    6600, pc suite 1.10 with irda and bt
    6610, pc suite 5.1, pc suite 6.0, pc suite 6.1 using irda and dku-5
    cable.
    6610i, pc suite 6.2 using irda and dku-5 cable.

    and various other nokia's with no probs either.

    > On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 20:00:04 +1000, "Mike Williams"
    > <mikew@Nospam.nospamever.org> wrote:
    >

    >>"eggster2k" <eggster2k@NOSPAMbreathe.com> wrote in message

    >>> btw, im running xp pro sp1.
    >>
    >>I have latest PC suite, and tried sp1 and latest testable build of sp2.
    >>same
    >>PC suite mess with 6230.
    >>

    > i have used the following with no probs on my xp pc.
    >
    > 6600, pc suite 1.10 with irda and bt
    > 6610, pc suite 5.1, pc suite 6.0, pc suite 6.1 using irda and dku-5
    > cable.
    > 6610i, pc suite 6.2 using irda and dku-5 cable.
    >
    > and various other nokia's with no probs either.

    6610 with PC Suite 5.1 and irda was fine except I had to send in the 6610
    for repairs 5 times so gave up on that exercise.

    6230 with PC suite 6.2 and irda or BT is a disaster, as is getting a
    coherent response from Nokia support (oops sorry "executives")

Nokia Connection Bluetooth