Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nokia 6600 & Pc Suite Connection via bluetooth How??????????

Tags:
  • Nokia
  • Connection
  • Bluetooth
Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 5:24:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

I am having terrible trouble trying to connect my Nokia 6600 to PcSuite via
bluetooth dongle. ( Belkin)

I can transfer files business cards etc no problem.

But when I install Pc Suite it does not recognise my bluetooth connection
I've tried everything I know (And thats not a lot!!)

Syncronising with Outlook was one of the main reasons I bought phone so not
very happy!

Thanks!!

More about : nokia 6600 suite connection bluetooth

Anonymous
August 4, 2004 8:39:51 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

I use the Belkin dongle too... works OK, but a bit difficult to set up..

I have to:
- double click on Belkin Icon (lower right of windows screen), opens My
Bluetooth Places, then click on Entire Bluetooth Neighborhood, this opens up
a window with the Nokia 6600 phone in it - then right click and connect
serial port.. once this is done, open PC Suite and connect..

there may be an easier way, but for now, this works for me.. maybe sure the
phone B/T is turned on.

Scott

"NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:0s5Qc.144$ZL1.29@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net...
> I am having terrible trouble trying to connect my Nokia 6600 to PcSuite
via
> bluetooth dongle. ( Belkin)
>
> I can transfer files business cards etc no problem.
>
> But when I install Pc Suite it does not recognise my bluetooth connection
> I've tried everything I know (And thats not a lot!!)
>
> Syncronising with Outlook was one of the main reasons I bought phone so
not
> very happy!
>
> Thanks!!
>
>
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 3:42:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Thanks for replying

But I cannot get Entire Bluetooth Neighbourhood up??

it keeps trying to connect to Com0!!


"Scott C" <sns1820@aol.com> wrote in message
news:rj8Qc.416$vs5.212@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com...
> I use the Belkin dongle too... works OK, but a bit difficult to set up..
>
> I have to:
> - double click on Belkin Icon (lower right of windows screen), opens My
> Bluetooth Places, then click on Entire Bluetooth Neighborhood, this opens
up
> a window with the Nokia 6600 phone in it - then right click and connect
> serial port.. once this is done, open PC Suite and connect..
>
> there may be an easier way, but for now, this works for me.. maybe sure
the
> phone B/T is turned on.
>
> Scott
>
> "NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> news:0s5Qc.144$ZL1.29@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net...
> > I am having terrible trouble trying to connect my Nokia 6600 to PcSuite
> via
> > bluetooth dongle. ( Belkin)
> >
> > I can transfer files business cards etc no problem.
> >
> > But when I install Pc Suite it does not recognise my bluetooth
connection
> > I've tried everything I know (And thats not a lot!!)
> >
> > Syncronising with Outlook was one of the main reasons I bought phone so
> not
> > very happy!
> >
> > Thanks!!
> >
> >
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 11:40:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:<0s5Qc.144$ZL1.29@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net>...
> I am having terrible trouble trying to connect my Nokia 6600 to PcSuite via
> bluetooth dongle. ( Belkin)
>
> I can transfer files business cards etc no problem.
>
> But when I install Pc Suite it does not recognise my bluetooth connection
> I've tried everything I know (And thats not a lot!!)
>
> Syncronising with Outlook was one of the main reasons I bought phone so not
> very happy!
>

We can suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian OS
phones ( http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ). We offer quite new
connection algorythm, which allows to establish rather stable
connection.

If you will have any connection problems, just have a look on our
forum thread dedicated to Symbian phones connection troubles:

http://www.oxygenphonemanager.com/forum/postlist.php?Ca...

If you will have any further questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Best regards, Maxim Vyalkov
Oxygen Phone Manager - all you want from your Nokia
info@oxygensoftware.com
http://www.opm-2.com/
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/
Anonymous
August 5, 2004 4:01:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote in
news:HveQc.727$S%2.620@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net:

> Thanks for replying
>
> But I cannot get Entire Bluetooth Neighbourhood up??
>
> it keeps trying to connect to Com0!!
>

If you have an internal modem, try opening the device manager and
disabling it. It's annoying, but that was what worked for me.
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 1:47:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Lower right of the running Applications area, next to the clock, should be a
"connection Icon" (gray) - looks like 2 plugs that are not connected.. open
this, choose the Com port you want. I use COM 10.

Scott

"NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:HveQc.727$S%2.620@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net...
> Thanks for replying
>
> But I cannot get Entire Bluetooth Neighbourhood up??
>
> it keeps trying to connect to Com0!!
>
>
> "Scott C" <sns1820@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:rj8Qc.416$vs5.212@newssvr29.news.prodigy.com...
> > I use the Belkin dongle too... works OK, but a bit difficult to set up..
> >
> > I have to:
> > - double click on Belkin Icon (lower right of windows screen), opens My
> > Bluetooth Places, then click on Entire Bluetooth Neighborhood, this
opens
> up
> > a window with the Nokia 6600 phone in it - then right click and connect
> > serial port.. once this is done, open PC Suite and connect..
> >
> > there may be an easier way, but for now, this works for me.. maybe sure
> the
> > phone B/T is turned on.
> >
> > Scott
> >
> > "NTL" <steve@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > news:0s5Qc.144$ZL1.29@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net...
> > > I am having terrible trouble trying to connect my Nokia 6600 to
PcSuite
> > via
> > > bluetooth dongle. ( Belkin)
> > >
> > > I can transfer files business cards etc no problem.
> > >
> > > But when I install Pc Suite it does not recognise my bluetooth
> connection
> > > I've tried everything I know (And thats not a lot!!)
> > >
> > > Syncronising with Outlook was one of the main reasons I bought phone
so
> > not
> > > very happy!
> > >
> > > Thanks!!
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 3:07:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On 5 Aug 2004 07:40:26 -0700, support@opm-2.com (Oxygen Software) wrote:

>We can suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian OS
>phones ( http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ).

Did you guys (Oxygen) know that the download link on the left of that page leads
to OPM2, not the Symbian one?

I found the right one eventually, here:
http://www.oxygensoftware.com/download/


Chris Pollard

--
CG Internet café, Tagum City, Philippines
http://www.cginternet.net
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 7:33:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"Christopher Pollard" <rubbish@cginternet.net> wrote in message
news:g3t5h0d14re24fkbmjdqhflvuinsmu76bh@4ax.com...
> On 5 Aug 2004 07:40:26 -0700, support@opm-2.com (Oxygen Software) wrote:
>
>>We can suggest to have a look at Oxygen Phone Manager for Symbian OS
>>phones ( http://www.opm-2.com/symbian/ ).
>
> Did you guys (Oxygen) know that the download link on the left of that page
> leads
> to OPM2, not the Symbian one?

They keep putting up the wrong product links for their own software.
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 7:33:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 15:33:57 +1000, "Mike Williams" <mikew@Nospam.nospamever.org>
wrote:

>They keep putting up the wrong product links for their own software.

Oh, so it's normal then. :-)

Kinda works too, but that bluetooth stuff is rather a black art isn't it?
Sometimes it connects, sometines not.

Ironically, when I installed and ran the OPM client in the phone, Nokia's
mrouter think sprang into life as it recognised the phone.

Still couldn't connect with PC Shite though.


Chris Pollard

--
CG Internet café, Tagum City, Philippines
http://www.cginternet.net
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 11:41:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"Christopher Pollard" <rubbish@cginternet.net> wrote in message
news:3986h09l5ccv27bta83jreckhtsont1ij9@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 15:33:57 +1000, "Mike Williams"
> <mikew@Nospam.nospamever.org>
> wrote:
>
>>They keep putting up the wrong product links for their own software.
>
> Oh, so it's normal then. :-)
>
> Kinda works too, but that bluetooth stuff is rather a black art isn't it?
> Sometimes it connects, sometines not.
>
> Ironically, when I installed and ran the OPM client in the phone, Nokia's
> mrouter think sprang into life as it recognised the phone.
>
> Still couldn't connect with PC Shite though.

PC shite indeed. I find BT works in windows XP OK for file transfer, but as
soon as PC Shite is involved - it's a disaster.
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 11:41:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 19:41:07 +1000, "Mike Williams"
<mikew@Nospam.nospamever.org> wrote:

>
>"Christopher Pollard" <rubbish@cginternet.net> wrote in message
>news:3986h09l5ccv27bta83jreckhtsont1ij9@4ax.com...
>> On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 15:33:57 +1000, "Mike Williams"
>> <mikew@Nospam.nospamever.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>They keep putting up the wrong product links for their own software.
>>
>> Oh, so it's normal then. :-)
>>
>> Kinda works too, but that bluetooth stuff is rather a black art isn't it?
>> Sometimes it connects, sometines not.
>>
>> Ironically, when I installed and ran the OPM client in the phone, Nokia's
>> mrouter think sprang into life as it recognised the phone.
>>
>> Still couldn't connect with PC Shite though.
>
>PC shite indeed. I find BT works in windows XP OK for file transfer, but as
>soon as PC Shite is involved - it's a disaster.
>


latest pc suite and bt works fine for me. i've got an instantpan bt
dongle from ebay.co.uk which was a doddle to setup and works perfect
with pc suite / 6600.
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 11:41:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

>latest pc suite and bt works fine for me. i've got an instantpan bt
>dongle from ebay.co.uk which was a doddle to setup and works perfect
>with pc suite / 6600.

btw, im running xp pro sp1.
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 11:41:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

I have now give up trying to connect with Pc Suite come to the conclusion it
is a problem with Belkin bluetooth dongle.
Everytime I try and make a virtual com port it uses Com0 which phone does
not like so have now give in unless anyone has any ideas??

I get around it by sending any dates I create on phone to my PDA vis
bluetooth then when I sync PDA via bluetooth
it syncs with Outlook on PC bit long winded I know but only way I can see of
doing it!!!

Thanks
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 12:00:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"eggster2k" <eggster2k@NOSPAMbreathe.com> wrote in message
news:k3l6h05f09cnq4mel2i8ndrieh7qruoaop@4ax.com...
>
>>latest pc suite and bt works fine for me. i've got an instantpan bt
>>dongle from ebay.co.uk which was a doddle to setup and works perfect
>>with pc suite / 6600.
>
> btw, im running xp pro sp1.

I have latest PC suite, and tried sp1 and latest testable build of sp2. same
PC suite mess with 6230.
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 12:00:05 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 20:00:04 +1000, "Mike Williams"
<mikew@Nospam.nospamever.org> wrote:

>
>"eggster2k" <eggster2k@NOSPAMbreathe.com> wrote in message
>news:k3l6h05f09cnq4mel2i8ndrieh7qruoaop@4ax.com...
>>
>>>latest pc suite and bt works fine for me. i've got an instantpan bt
>>>dongle from ebay.co.uk which was a doddle to setup and works perfect
>>>with pc suite / 6600.
>>
>> btw, im running xp pro sp1.
>
>I have latest PC suite, and tried sp1 and latest testable build of sp2. same
>PC suite mess with 6230.
>

i have used the following with no probs on my xp pc.

6600, pc suite 1.10 with irda and bt
6610, pc suite 5.1, pc suite 6.0, pc suite 6.1 using irda and dku-5
cable.
6610i, pc suite 6.2 using irda and dku-5 cable.

and various other nokia's with no probs either.
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 3:52:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"eggster2k" <eggster2k@NOSPAMbreathe.com> wrote in message
news:qam6h0t8766d4f9r8o3tntg1qbll1sqpk6@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 6 Aug 2004 20:00:04 +1000, "Mike Williams"
> <mikew@Nospam.nospamever.org> wrote:
>
>>
>>"eggster2k" <eggster2k@NOSPAMbreathe.com> wrote in message
>>news:k3l6h05f09cnq4mel2i8ndrieh7qruoaop@4ax.com...
>>>
>>>>latest pc suite and bt works fine for me. i've got an instantpan bt
>>>>dongle from ebay.co.uk which was a doddle to setup and works perfect
>>>>with pc suite / 6600.
>>>
>>> btw, im running xp pro sp1.
>>
>>I have latest PC suite, and tried sp1 and latest testable build of sp2.
>>same
>>PC suite mess with 6230.
>>
>
> i have used the following with no probs on my xp pc.
>
> 6600, pc suite 1.10 with irda and bt
> 6610, pc suite 5.1, pc suite 6.0, pc suite 6.1 using irda and dku-5
> cable.
> 6610i, pc suite 6.2 using irda and dku-5 cable.
>
> and various other nokia's with no probs either.
>

6610 with PC Suite 5.1 and irda was fine except I had to send in the 6610
for repairs 5 times so gave up on that exercise.

6230 with PC suite 6.2 and irda or BT is a disaster, as is getting a
coherent response from Nokia support (oops sorry "executives")
!