$1100 Gaming Build

Approximate Purchase Date: Next Thursday

Budget Range: $1100 (Taxes and all included)
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (Day Z, BF3)

Are you buying a monitor: No

Parts to Upgrade:New Build

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Tigerdirect (Canadian)

Parts Preferences: by brand or type : Intel preferbly
Overclocking: Yes/Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes /Maybe

Additional Comments: Gaming PC for Day Z and BF3,

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Using a laptop atm...
24 answers Last reply
More about 1100 gaming build
  1. its pretty hard to do everything with taxes

its much higher than your budget espically after 13% tax but id do the following

1: look around tigerdirect.ca for deals everyday
    2: use ncix.com since they have a weekly sale and they always have good deals
    3:buy things seperately and when they are on sale
    4:price match at ncix. you can do that right in their shopping cart by posting the URL

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/dhYJ

yeah i live in ontario. also, you can probably talk your way to a discount at ncix stores
  2. azeem40 said:

Could you go a little bit cheaper those are from newegg and go over 1100$ after txes where I live.
    Also i dont need the 670 Im sure. as thats pretty steep atm price wise.
  3. You could lower the build above to get it to $1100 I'm sure.
  4. TheBigTroll said:
    its pretty hard to do everything with taxes

its much higher than your budget espically after 13% tax but id do the following

1: look around tigerdirect.ca for deals everyday
    2: use ncix.com since they have a weekly sale and they always have good deals
    3:buy things seperately and when they are on sale
    4:price match at ncix. you can do that right in their shopping cart by posting the URL

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/dhYJ

yeah i live in ontario. also, you can probably talk your way to a discount at ncix stores

Im in the programmnig aspect, not the hardware specifically.
    So me looking in stores would noo work because I dont know what is and is not compatible hense why im here as in 2 weeks I have a SC2 LAN to attend to.
  5. you look for the parts that i provided and look around and find a good deal on them
  6. Here is a gaming build for you:

i5-3570k - 235
    Asus p8z77-V Lk - 160
    Crucial Ballistix 8 Gb DDR3 1600 1.5V RAM - 55
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - 35
    WD Caviar Blue 500 Gb - 70
    Crucial m4 64 Gb - 80
    MSI Twin Frozr Radeon 7850 - 265
    Corsair Carbide 300R - 82
    Corsair TX650 - 72
    DVD Drive - 20
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit - 100
    Total without taxes and shipping = $ 1174

Its over your budget but I think it is worth it.

ALso, you can bring that price down if you shop around. Here are some Canadian websites that I have used: Directcanada.com, Bestdirect.ca, NCIX.com.
  7. TheBigTroll said:
    you look for the parts that i provided and look around and find a good deal on them

That 670 everywhere is never lower then usually 450$ and thats US, where I live and can buy parts from the lowest is 500$ need something less expensive.
  8. bull right there (unless you count taxes). i live in ontario and the 670 is usually under 450 before taxes.

the cheapest good one is the gigabyte 670. if you cant afford a 670, at least get a 7950. they are around 329 dollars
  9. TheBigTroll said:
    bull right there (unless you count taxes). i live in ontario and the 670 is usually under 450 before taxes.

the cheapest good one is the gigabyte 670. if you cant afford a 670, at least get a 7950. they are around 329 dollars

Only place I can get one is Tiger or Drect, because I dont buy online for personal reasons so eys it is about 500$
  10. TheBigTroll said:
    bull right there (unless you count taxes). i live in ontario and the 670 is usually under 450 before taxes.

Yup I agree with you on that. http://ncix.com/products/?sku=71245&vpn=02G-P4-2670-KR&manufacture=eVGA&promoid=1254 - $399 before taxes.
  11. Amazing deal above for Canada! Jump right on it!
  12. Anthraxic said:
    Only place I can get one is Tiger or Drect, because I dont buy online for personal reasons so eys it is about 500$

where do you live in toronto. ncix has some stores around Mississauga, markham, and downtown toronto. shopping online with ncix for me was a breeze and they email you in every step of the payment process.
  13. azeem40 said:
    Amazing deal above for Canada! Jump right on it!

i saw them sell a 670 ftw for 339.99 before $10 mir once and it was sold out in like 5 mins
  14. Anthraxic said:

That is unfortunate dude. However, I can tell you that some prices from Tigerdirect is too high. For example, the MoBo in the build I suggested (Asus p8z77-v LK) while 160 at Tigerdirect is 125.81 at DirectCanada.
  15. TheBigTroll said:
    where do you live in toronto. ncix has some stores around Mississauga, markham, and downtown toronto. shopping online with ncix for me was a breeze and they email you in every step of the payment process.

Im in Milton.
    And its not I dont want to its I dont have a credit card.
    So really I cant order online.
  16. I wish I had waited a week before building mine. Would have saved $100 on my Radeon 7950.
  17. azeem40 said:
    I wish I had waited a week before building mine. Would have saved $100 on my Radeon 7950.

I know man. I bought an XFX Double D Radeon 7950 for my build as it was on sale. The following couple of weeks, the gtx 670 came out at the same price! It was so frustrating.
  18. Yeah, I wish I had waited for the 670. I'd have loved having a card be just as good as the 7970 but a lot cheaper.
  19. this is their Mississauga store location

Unit 101-640 Eglinton Ave. West Mississauga, Ontario

you can take the 401 east to get there if needed. it would be worth the drive. their sales assosciates can help
  20. how do you pay bills if you dont have a credit card?
  21. TheBigTroll said:
    how do you pay bills if you dont have a credit card?

Im 19 and dont own a house...?
  22. I am 20 and live with my parents. It's a good life for now. :P
  23. ok then.... technically, you can go out and get a credit card (i cant since im 14). still, you can go to their store and they can figure things out for you. price is negotiable in asian stores
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Battlefield Systems