Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

$1100 Gaming Build

Last response: in Systems
Share
July 28, 2012 11:05:02 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: Next Thursday

Budget Range: $1100 (Taxes and all included)
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming (Day Z, BF3)

Are you buying a monitor: No



Parts to Upgrade:New Build

Do you need to buy OS: Yes

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Tigerdirect (Canadian)

Location: City, State/Region, Country - Ontario Canada

Parts Preferences: by brand or type : Intel preferbly
Overclocking: Yes/Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes /Maybe

Additional Comments: Gaming PC for Day Z and BF3,

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Using a laptop atm...

More about : 1100 gaming build

a b 4 Gaming
July 28, 2012 11:17:28 PM

its pretty hard to do everything with taxes

its much higher than your budget espically after 13% tax but id do the following

1: look around tigerdirect.ca for deals everyday
2: use ncix.com since they have a weekly sale and they always have good deals
3:buy things seperately and when they are on sale
4:p rice match at ncix. you can do that right in their shopping cart by posting the URL

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/dhYJ

yeah i live in ontario. also, you can probably talk your way to a discount at ncix stores
m
0
l
Related resources
July 28, 2012 11:17:49 PM

azeem40 said:
Here you go.
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dhY6



Could you go a little bit cheaper those are from newegg and go over 1100$ after txes where I live.
Also i dont need the 670 Im sure. as thats pretty steep atm price wise.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 28, 2012 11:19:10 PM

You could lower the build above to get it to $1100 I'm sure.
m
0
l
July 28, 2012 11:20:28 PM

TheBigTroll said:
its pretty hard to do everything with taxes

its much higher than your budget espically after 13% tax but id do the following

1: look around tigerdirect.ca for deals everyday
2: use ncix.com since they have a weekly sale and they always have good deals
3:buy things seperately and when they are on sale
4:p rice match at ncix. you can do that right in their shopping cart by posting the URL

http://pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/dhYJ

yeah i live in ontario. also, you can probably talk your way to a discount at ncix stores



Im in the programmnig aspect, not the hardware specifically.
So me looking in stores would noo work because I dont know what is and is not compatible hense why im here as in 2 weeks I have a SC2 LAN to attend to.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 28, 2012 11:22:07 PM

you look for the parts that i provided and look around and find a good deal on them
m
0
l
July 28, 2012 11:35:38 PM

Here is a gaming build for you:

i5-3570k - 235
Asus p8z77-V Lk - 160
Crucial Ballistix 8 Gb DDR3 1600 1.5V RAM - 55
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO - 35
WD Caviar Blue 500 Gb - 70
Crucial m4 64 Gb - 80
MSI Twin Frozr Radeon 7850 - 265
Corsair Carbide 300R - 82
Corsair TX650 - 72
DVD Drive - 20
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit - 100
Total without taxes and shipping = $ 1174

Its over your budget but I think it is worth it.

ALso, you can bring that price down if you shop around. Here are some Canadian websites that I have used: Directcanada.com, Bestdirect.ca, NCIX.com.
m
0
l
July 28, 2012 11:35:39 PM

TheBigTroll said:
you look for the parts that i provided and look around and find a good deal on them


That 670 everywhere is never lower then usually 450$ and thats US, where I live and can buy parts from the lowest is 500$ need something less expensive.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 28, 2012 11:41:01 PM

bull right there (unless you count taxes). i live in ontario and the 670 is usually under 450 before taxes.

the cheapest good one is the gigabyte 670. if you cant afford a 670, at least get a 7950. they are around 329 dollars
m
0
l
July 28, 2012 11:42:52 PM

TheBigTroll said:
bull right there (unless you count taxes). i live in ontario and the 670 is usually under 450 before taxes.

the cheapest good one is the gigabyte 670. if you cant afford a 670, at least get a 7950. they are around 329 dollars


Only place I can get one is Tiger or Drect, because I dont buy online for personal reasons so eys it is about 500$
m
0
l
July 28, 2012 11:43:35 PM

TheBigTroll said:
bull right there (unless you count taxes). i live in ontario and the 670 is usually under 450 before taxes.

the cheapest good one is the gigabyte 670. if you cant afford a 670, at least get a 7950. they are around 329 dollars


Yup I agree with you on that. http://ncix.com/products/?sku=71245&vpn=02G-P4-2670-KR&... - $399 before taxes.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 28, 2012 11:47:06 PM

Amazing deal above for Canada! Jump right on it!
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 28, 2012 11:48:01 PM

Anthraxic said:
Only place I can get one is Tiger or Drect, because I dont buy online for personal reasons so eys it is about 500$


where do you live in toronto. ncix has some stores around Mississauga, markham, and downtown toronto. shopping online with ncix for me was a breeze and they email you in every step of the payment process.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 28, 2012 11:48:44 PM

azeem40 said:
Amazing deal above for Canada! Jump right on it!


i saw them sell a 670 ftw for 339.99 before $10 mir once and it was sold out in like 5 mins
m
0
l
July 28, 2012 11:49:30 PM

Anthraxic said:
Only place I can get one is Tiger or Drect, because I dont buy online for personal reasons so eys it is about 500$

That is unfortunate dude. However, I can tell you that some prices from Tigerdirect is too high. For example, the MoBo in the build I suggested (Asus p8z77-v LK) while 160 at Tigerdirect is 125.81 at DirectCanada.
m
0
l
July 28, 2012 11:49:41 PM

TheBigTroll said:
where do you live in toronto. ncix has some stores around Mississauga, markham, and downtown toronto. shopping online with ncix for me was a breeze and they email you in every step of the payment process.


Im in Milton.
And its not I dont want to its I dont have a credit card.
So really I cant order online.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 28, 2012 11:50:08 PM

I wish I had waited a week before building mine. Would have saved $100 on my Radeon 7950.
m
0
l
July 28, 2012 11:51:20 PM

azeem40 said:
I wish I had waited a week before building mine. Would have saved $100 on my Radeon 7950.


I know man. I bought an XFX Double D Radeon 7950 for my build as it was on sale. The following couple of weeks, the gtx 670 came out at the same price! It was so frustrating.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 28, 2012 11:53:50 PM

Yeah, I wish I had waited for the 670. I'd have loved having a card be just as good as the 7970 but a lot cheaper.
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 29, 2012 12:00:16 AM

this is their Mississauga store location

Unit 101-640 Eglinton Ave. West Mississauga, Ontario

you can take the 401 east to get there if needed. it would be worth the drive. their sales assosciates can help
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 29, 2012 12:01:39 AM

how do you pay bills if you dont have a credit card?
m
0
l
July 29, 2012 12:03:12 AM

TheBigTroll said:
how do you pay bills if you dont have a credit card?


Im 19 and dont own a house...?
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 29, 2012 12:04:33 AM

I am 20 and live with my parents. It's a good life for now. :p 
m
0
l
a b 4 Gaming
July 29, 2012 12:07:15 AM

ok then.... technically, you can go out and get a credit card (i cant since im 14). still, you can go to their store and they can figure things out for you. price is negotiable in asian stores
m
0
l
!