Sign in with
Your question

ASUS power supply ugrade, standby sticky

Last response: in Components
December 10, 2012 10:10:37 PM

I just purchased what seems to be this years version of the same computer. I upgraded the power supply with a Dynex 520 watt. I did this to upgrade my video card (because the recycled one the put in this $800 tower stinks for gaming). The one thing I am not sure about, it seems to get stuck in standby mode sometimes. Anyone know how to fix that tweek?
a c 1108 ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 10, 2012 11:22:28 PM

What is your system configuration?

What brand and model of graphics card are you using?

Your Dynex 520 Watt power supply is 520 Watts peak power and 420 Watts continuous power so you don't have a 520 Watt power supply at all.
December 11, 2012 1:02:47 AM

I have an EVGA GeForce GTX 560. I finally got off the phone with someone at the big box store in tech support. He advised me that they have had SEVERAL people around 40 on his watch in the last 2 weeks come in for this problem, and it seems to be a problem with the HORRIBLE windows 8. I was advised to call 800-microsoft to walk you through fixing the problem. This is supposed to be done with least amount of resistance by the service team if you do this within the first 90 days of purchase of your computer/windows 8. I will update if I have success tomorrow.
!