Custom Hackintosh for Pro Audio $1000 mimic iMac

ecstacy2012

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
I would like to build a hackintosh for pro audio with protools 10 and ilok with moutain lion or lion.

I would like to put the ivy bridge 3.4ghz (overclocked to 4ghz if possible to due stable with the hackintosh)

16GB RAM 1600hz

Also running trackpad and wirelss mac keyboard (not sure if it's possible yet hence why i'm coming to you guys)

Duet and/or apollo connected to it.

I basically want to mimic the 2012 imac thats not yet released with the ivy bridge for under $1000 and curious
to what others experience are in what motherboard, what power supply and how big do i need?
What water coolling? what temp can I expect? and what case etc?

any and all help would be greatly appreciated i do have building experience and have moded my 2011 imac to have dual ssd's running
1GB read/write speed for example.

Please let me know your lists, what would run best with the mac OSX and drivers etc...

I greatly appreciate any and all help!!

ecstacy2012

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
lol that does seem alittle stupid in reality as there are no laws being broken with suggesting what would work (in theory) to make it stable. Thanks for letting me know though.

There's also nothing wrong with telling people that the pirate bay exists or what can be found on it but we still don't support it. The new macs should be released soon, at which point you can buy one. Otherwise go ahead with your build as planned and put Windows on it like everyone else. There are a large number of pro audio/video applications for Windows, I fail to see why people thing that Apple has a monopoly on that.

ecstacy2012

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
lol i'm building it because one the macs aren't worth what they cost I know as I have multiple imacs and have modded them. Secondly they won't be out for months if then. Well I doubt you would have experience in pro audio then you might know why windows isn't better served for this and why should I go to windows just because you say so? I'd suggest you relax i was making a comment that it is kinda stupid to not allow discussion just because someone doesn't want limits and I didn't say you were or the site. But in the future I'd concern not going on about things your not sure about or giving advice just to try to tell someone off be alittle more respectful. take care

ecstacy2012

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
it's to expensive for what you get not a matter of affording them and I didn't ask you for your opinion on not using OSX so again why don't you go check your email or do something else since you don't want to be helpful but rude and ignorant.

There are a lot of Hackintosh centric sites that would be able to help you with what you need. I personally like my Hackintosh and was able to build it for a lot less than a real iMac with much better hardware. As long as you buy the OS I do not see the problem with it.

ecstacy2012

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
yea me either thanks bryon I still purchase plenty of mac stuff anyhow. I have went to alot of the others I just want the extra features you can't even buy with the imac but thanks for the response.