Need help deciding what parts to use for building a gaming pc

tickingmadness

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
*First time using a forum so sorry if i screw up in any way xD*

Okay im currently trying to build a budget wise gaming pc for the first time (not quite sure what my price point is but somewhere between $500-$800 would be best). I found a build online but i would really like to upgrade it even just a little but im not sure if the parts will work together so some help would be appreciated

Here is the build i'm thinking on with the changes added

Motherboard-ASUS M5A97 AMD 9 Series ($95)

CPU- FX-4100 Quad-Core ($100)

RAM- Crucial 4GB DDR3 (1333 Mhz) ($25) : i would like to change that to 8GB if possible (i don't know if it is so if someone can tell me that would be nice)

Video Card- Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 ti / comes with Battlefield 3 ($204)

Hard Drive- Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB ($70)

Case- Cooler Master RC-430-KWN1 Elite 430 ($50)

Power Supply- Cooler Master Elite Series 460 Watts ($40)

Now any helpful changes would be appreciated (but please remember, first time building a pc and im still not too computer wise so a little dumb down help would be even more appreciated xD)

AxelTDH

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
Looks like a good computer for the money. I have a few suggestions though
1. If you can you should get ram with 1600 mhz
2. Look into getting a power supply with 550 watts, the 560 ti hasa minimum power requirement of 500
3. look into getting an aftermarket cpu cooler, the cooler that comes with the processor will get the job done but an aftermarket cooler will do a much better job. (you can get a pretty good one for $20-$35)

I hope this helps

tickingmadness

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
yes it does a lot (completely forgot to check how much power the graphics card needed so glad you caught that xD)

and will an aftermarket cpu cooler have instructions for installing it or should i just look up a video on installing it (if there is one)

Uther39

Distinguished

Well the cooler you want to buy is the Coolermaster HYper 212 Evo, and heres the video installation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSq_xbxsm7Q

tickingmadness

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012

thanks man so glad for your's and the other guy's help :D