Warbear question

Hi folks!

I was doing some quests with Kai yesterday. He being a 52 rogue
and me being a 54 druid, I was trying to tank the enemies while
he "did it from behind". After a while he asked me how I was
able to hold aggro, after he critted 500 and 800 damage within
less than 2 seconds. And in fact, I have no idea. I alwas had
the first strike on the target, used demoralising roar and had
thorns on me. But after all, he's probably doing twice the
damage I do and I don't have any other aggro generating tools
than demo roar and thorns (2 more levels and I'll get fairie
fire bear).
So, how am I able to hold aggro? I have 3 ideas so far:
1st: The "initial aggro" for attacking a mob is higher than I
expected it to be.
2nd: Demo shout is a ways better aggro generating tool than most
people think (in fact it is, because it generates aggro
on all mobs within range, but I've no idea how much aggro
it generates per target).
3rd: Bear form is like the warriors defence stance and
generates more aggro.
Or a combination of those ideas...

Any suggestions why this works, so I can try to improve my aggro
generation a bit?

Chris

BTW: I still can't recover from the joy of getting my hands on
the [Warbear woolies] :)

--
[WoW] Wildcard - Treehugging Tauren (54) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]
Lonewalker - Striding Tauren (15) on EN Sunstrider [PvP]

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Christian Stauffer wrote:

> 1st: The "initial aggro" for attacking a mob is higher than I
> expected it to be.
> 2nd: Demo shout is a ways better aggro generating tool than most
> people think (in fact it is, because it generates aggro
> on all mobs within range, but I've no idea how much aggro
> it generates per target).
> 3rd: Bear form is like the warriors defence stance and
> generates more aggro.
> Or a combination of those ideas...

Of the above it might have something to do with 3.
1 and 2 dont place much aggro on a single target. A medium heal usually
generates more aggro.

Other than that some Bear-Form abilities generate additional rage, but
the tool-tip doesnt show it yet (same with warriors; tool-tips dont show
additional aggro).

Patch 1.6 is supposed to fix that, here a quote from the leaked notes:

"Maul/Demoralizing Roar/Swipe - Tooltips updated to indicate the
additional threat caused by these abilities. There have been no changes
to the amount of threat caused. "

Cheers :)

"Dave" <dave@news.tk> wrote:

> Christian Stauffer wrote:
>
>> 1st: The "initial aggro" for attacking a mob is higher than I
>> expected it to be.
>> 2nd: Demo shout is a ways better aggro generating tool than most
>> people think (in fact it is, because it generates aggro
>> on all mobs within range, but I've no idea how much aggro
>> it generates per target).
>> 3rd: Bear form is like the warriors defence stance and
>> generates more aggro.
>> Or a combination of those ideas...
>
> Of the above it might have something to do with 3.
> 1 and 2 dont place much aggro on a single target. A medium heal usually
> generates more aggro.
>
> Other than that some Bear-Form abilities generate additional rage, but
> the tool-tip doesnt show it yet (same with warriors; tool-tips dont show
> additional aggro).
>
> Patch 1.6 is supposed to fix that, here a quote from the leaked notes:
>
> "Maul/Demoralizing Roar/Swipe - Tooltips updated to indicate the
> additional threat caused by these abilities. There have been no changes
> to the amount of threat caused. "

Ow of course: I use maul for single targets (as described above) and
swipe for multiple targets (when in groups) everytime I have the rage
for them. As they "only" increase damage, I wouldn't have expected
they generate additional aggro. Thanks for the information!

Chris