New Built system wont work.

LevelUp_

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
Hello,
I am having a lot of problems with my homebuilt PC.
Specs:
Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 Motherboard
Intel i5-3570k Processor
OCZ ModXStream 600w PSU
Msi Nighthawk Case
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 550Ti
Kingston 2x4GB RAM.
Seagate 1TB HDD
Sony DVD Drive
Stock Cooler, Arctic Alumina Paste
So I have connected all of the power, I have installed the stand-offs. I then proceed to start the PC. I can hear all the components starting up including the GTX 550Ti. The only thing that is not starting up is the CPU Fan. I tried plugging the VGA Port on both the Intergrated Graphics and the GTX 550Ti but nothing shows up on the screen. When I started up the computer the fans stay on for about 10 seconds and then it restarts. At the beginning of each power cycle the CPU fan twitches. When no RAM is installed I get a series of continous beeps until the system restarts itself, with the RAM in there is no beeps at all. I tried using 1 stick in all of the RAM slots to no avail.
I really don't know what to do with my system right now; please help

Make sure all of the drivers are updated per the motherboard's website:

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3975#dl

Do you have a picture of what you have so far? Maybe we could see something out of place.

Do you have the 4 pin molex power cable plugged into the top left side of the motherboard?

FOR STARTERS:
I would take the video card out and try to get things running on the intergrated graphics just to get started.

Try using a single stick of ram to see if it will post.

Make sure the RAM is plugged in to the correct slots. blue / blue or white / white, but never blue /white

bliq00

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
in fact, take everything out of the system except CPU,MB,HSF,and RAM. It's weird the HSF isn't spinning. that's the first thing I'd try to get working. Usually poorly seated RAM won't cause that. Maybe try plugging the HSF into a SYS_FAN header for a second or two to see if the fan is not messed up (start with the easy stuff). The CPU will be fine for 5-10 sec without a heatsink so long as it starts at room temp.

LevelUp_

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
PSU is working, I used it in another system to test.
Nothing in my case was shorting out the board, I took it out and tested it on a cardboard box
RAM is in correct posistion.

I can't see any LED on my motherboard. And all the power cables are connected. 4pin ATX 12v and 20+4pin.