Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR5 system requirements

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 6, 2012 3:05:05 PM

Hello guys...i am planning to switch to HD 6670 from 9400gt.

I have only 1 doubt weather my motherboard will support 1gb ddr5 card. I have a pciX16 slot and a 500w psu.

my motherboard is http://www.msi.com/product/mb/K9N6PGM2-V.html
and i want this gpu http://www.hitechlegion.com/review [...] ard-review

please help me out...can i use this card the above mentioned motherboard.

nvidia 9400gt works fine on this board.

I Have phenom x2 processor and 2 gb ram ddr2 with a 500w psu. :sweat: 

a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
June 6, 2012 5:11:15 PM

You're good to go. You will notice a big improvement in performance
Score
0
June 6, 2012 6:05:41 PM

akxpckwb said:
You're good to go. You will notice a big improvement in performance


Thanx man...now i can buy this card without any fear of my motherboard compatablility...i thought dat a ddr5 card would require a ver high end motherboard :o 

Also if possible can you suggest me any better gfx card within rs5000?
Score
0
Related resources

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
June 6, 2012 6:30:52 PM

dgreatnee said:
Thanx man...now i can buy this card without any fear of my motherboard compatablility...i thought dat a ddr5 card would require a ver high end motherboard :o 

Also if possible can you suggest me any better gfx card within rs5000?

No - the motherboard doesn't matter as long as there's a PCIe X16 slot. That's probably the best card you'll get in that price range. Should play all games at medium or better settings up to 1080p.
Share
June 7, 2012 6:24:05 AM

jessterman21 said:
No - the motherboard doesn't matter as long as there's a PCIe X16 slot. That's probably the best card you'll get in that price range. Should play all games at medium or better settings up to 1080p.


thanx man...!!! :pt1cable: 

1 more doubt when i look at the compatibility list of gpu's for my motherboard i don't find 6670 ddr5 listed there...what could be the reason??? :( 

Here's the pdf test report for my motherboard.

http://www.msi.com/file/test_report/TR1_1472.pdf
Score
0
June 7, 2012 6:24:35 AM

Best answer selected by dgreatnee.
Score
0
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
June 7, 2012 2:47:47 PM

dgreatnee said:
thanx man...!!! :pt1cable: 

1 more doubt when i look at the compatibility list of gpu's for my motherboard i don't find 6670 ddr5 listed there...what could be the reason??? :( 

Here's the pdf test report for my motherboard.

http://www.msi.com/file/test_report/TR1_1472.pdf

That is one incredibly outdated list. Any modern (last 5 years) GPU will work as long as your power supply is up to the task.

One more piece of advice - get 2GB more RAM. That will help smooth out modern games.
Score
0
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
June 7, 2012 9:36:10 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
0
!