Sign in with
Your question

HD 7850 OC 2GB Dual Monitor Setup

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 6, 2012 3:05:15 PM

Hi,

I am considering buying the Sapphire AMD Radeon HD7850 OC 2GB for my build. I have bought 2 monitors with only DVI interfaces. I want to do a dual monitor setup but the graphics card only has one DVI and one HDMI interface. If i was to use an DVI to HDMI adapter to connect my second monitor, would there be a visual difference between both monitors. Alternatively what would you recommend.

Thank you
a c 91 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 6, 2012 3:38:16 PM

wyounis said:
Hi,

I am considering buying the Sapphire AMD Radeon HD7850 OC 2GB for my build. I have bought 2 monitors with only DVI interfaces. I want to do a dual monitor setup but the graphics card only has one DVI and one HDMI interface. If i was to use an DVI to HDMI adapter to connect my second monitor, would there be a visual difference between both monitors. Alternatively what would you recommend.

Thank you

Hi

I'm running a similar set up as you on a sapphire 7970, there's a slight visual difference if you leave all the settings the same. but you can tweak things a bit in catalyst control center to get them to look the same.

alternatively, this is a bit expensive, but if you run two display port to DVI adaptors out of the mini-display ports, then the signals will be exactly the same
a c 143 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 6, 2012 4:44:29 PM

No I doubt, HDMI is the same as DVI, the only difference is that HDMI carries HD Audio but visual quality and supported resolutions are the same.
Related resources
a c 76 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
June 6, 2012 5:20:07 PM

HDMI IS the same signal as DVI for video. Sapphire seems to have just gone a little stupid with one dvi and pushing HDMI since only morons use HDMI to hook up monitors. A cheap HDMI to DVI adapter or cable will do just fine.
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
July 2, 2012 8:06:07 AM

unksol said:
HDMI IS the same signal as DVI for video. Sapphire seems to have just gone a little stupid with one dvi and pushing HDMI since only morons use HDMI to hook up monitors. A cheap HDMI to DVI adapter or cable will do just fine.

Errr.... Care to elaborate why so?
!