HD 7850 OC 2GB Dual Monitor Setup

Hi,

I am considering buying the Sapphire AMD Radeon HD7850 OC 2GB for my build. I have bought 2 monitors with only DVI interfaces. I want to do a dual monitor setup but the graphics card only has one DVI and one HDMI interface. If i was to use an DVI to HDMI adapter to connect my second monitor, would there be a visual difference between both monitors. Alternatively what would you recommend.

Thank you
4 answers Last reply
More about 7850 dual monitor setup
  1. wyounis said:
    Hi,

I am considering buying the Sapphire AMD Radeon HD7850 OC 2GB for my build. I have bought 2 monitors with only DVI interfaces. I want to do a dual monitor setup but the graphics card only has one DVI and one HDMI interface. If i was to use an DVI to HDMI adapter to connect my second monitor, would there be a visual difference between both monitors. Alternatively what would you recommend.

Thank you

Hi

I'm running a similar set up as you on a sapphire 7970, there's a slight visual difference if you leave all the settings the same. but you can tweak things a bit in catalyst control center to get them to look the same.

alternatively, this is a bit expensive, but if you run two display port to DVI adaptors out of the mini-display ports, then the signals will be exactly the same
  2. No I doubt, HDMI is the same as DVI, the only difference is that HDMI carries HD Audio but visual quality and supported resolutions are the same.
  3. HDMI IS the same signal as DVI for video. Sapphire seems to have just gone a little stupid with one dvi and pushing HDMI since only morons use HDMI to hook up monitors. A cheap HDMI to DVI adapter or cable will do just fine.
  4. unksol said:
    HDMI IS the same signal as DVI for video. Sapphire seems to have just gone a little stupid with one dvi and pushing HDMI since only morons use HDMI to hook up monitors. A cheap HDMI to DVI adapter or cable will do just fine.

Errr.... Care to elaborate why so?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Dual Monitors DVI Monitors Graphics