Sign in with
Your question

Suggestions on decent, cheap-ish monitors

Last response: in Components
December 10, 2012 11:39:44 PM

Hey,

Not really sure where to post this thread, but I guess that this was the closest I could get.

I was just wondering if my 19" AOC that came with my old computer bundle would be any good, or if I would need a new monitor to display high quality images (games, photoshop etc).

If not then any suggestions as in to which decent but cheap monitor will definitely be worth it and will make everything look sweet :) 

Thanks a lot!

Gillfreex :bounce: 
December 11, 2012 12:25:06 AM

What's wrong with your current monitor? Is it some CRT monitor? Or is it LCD and you want to change in to a LED Monitor?

Anyways this is my monitor and I'm quite satisfied with it...
http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Samsung-B2030-20-inch-LCD-Monit...

It's LCD but I don't mind, in addition, no speakers with it but I have my own speaker set. Pretty high quality...runs @ 1600x900.

If you want picture of my monitor, let me know. I can show you some.
a b C Monitor
December 11, 2012 12:34:31 AM

If you are looking for high quality images an IPS panel would probably be best and there are plenty of decent 22 to 24" panels at decent prices.
If money is an issue wait and see if what you have already does what you need it to.
Related resources
December 11, 2012 9:38:47 PM

Thanks for the quick replies! :D  Nothing is wrong with it, I was just wondering if I needed a different one to be able to run high graphics or whatever :p 

But I think this one will be great anyway, thanks again :) 
December 11, 2012 9:42:01 PM

Our pleasure :) 
December 11, 2012 9:47:10 PM

Gillfreex said:
Thanks for the quick replies! :D  Nothing is wrong with it, I was just wondering if I needed a different one to be able to run high graphics or whatever :p 

But I think this one will be great anyway, thanks again :) 

It's not that bad that it's not 1080p too because you can run at higher settings :) .
December 11, 2012 9:50:08 PM

melikepie said:
It's not that bad that it's not 1080p too because you can run at higher settings :) .

+1^ my monitor runs @ 1600x900 (like I said above) and I can play Skyrim at ultra settings with the HD 7770 (which would not be the best card for 1080p).

*Nice picture jaffa cake man, is that a dog on a surfboard or something like that? :lol: 
December 11, 2012 9:51:18 PM

socialfox said:
+1^ my monitor runs @ 1600x900 (like I said above) and I can play Skyrim at ultra settings with the HD 7770 (which would not be the best card for 1080p).

*Nice picture jaffa cake man, is that a dog on a surfboard or something like that? :lol: 

Yep :) .
December 11, 2012 9:55:47 PM

melikepie said:
Yep :) .

I tried to change my picture to an Arctic Fox recently but just to let you know I believe there is only a max of 3 photo changes allowed...one PNG file, one JPEG file and one GIF file...I used 2/3 of them but cant change my picture to a gif...I asked a few moderators and it seems like a bug, and they will fix it with the next update.

Either way, hope everything going good in your life my friend :) 
December 11, 2012 9:59:26 PM

socialfox said:
I tried to change my picture to an Arctic Fox recently but just to let you know I believe there is only a max of 3 photo changes allowed...one PNG file, one JPEG file and one GIF file...I used 2/3 of them but cant change my picture to a gif...I asked a few moderators and it seems like a bug, and they will fix it with the next update.

Either way, hope everything going good in your life my friend :) 

I'm not really sure on what photo I should use :) .

Why does it say all "Top experts" did xxxx messages since 1970/01/01?
December 11, 2012 10:02:30 PM

melikepie said:
I'm not really sure on what photo I should use :) .

Why does it say all "Top experts" did xxxx messages since 1970/01/01?

I have no idea...I foudn myself on that list a few times with the same date...though obviously I hadn't joined back then. It'll probably be fixed with the next update. Have you tried using the beta version of the forums? I think they changed the badge requirements now, its 50 best answers for an expert whereas for me to get the gold badge was 150 best answers...easier for everyone :lol: 
May 13, 2014 7:04:11 PM

I own a Dell 2009WT Ultrasharp and I love it! I bought it refurbished and it came in look practically brand new! Here's the website:
http://www.partschase.com/Monitor-Screen
Hope this helps.
!