GPRS Settings

Last response: in Brands
Share
August 4, 2004 6:21:46 PM

Hi,

I am trying to get WAP over GPRS working on the VirginMobile network. My
phone is not one supplied by VM, so they are not too keen to help with
setting up my phone ('We don't supply that phone, so we don't know how to
set it up...')

My problem is, They have given me the following info as to what I need to
setup:

Name - Virgin WAP GPRS
Homepage - www.virgin.com/mobile/wap/
IP Address - 193.030.166.003
Access Point - goto.virginmobile.uk

This is fine, but on my phone (Nokia 6230) I don't see anywhere to put an IP
address. I do however have a 'Primary Proxy' setting for which VM have not
given me a value. Would I be right in assuming that these are different
descriptions of the same piece of config data?

Cheers,

ChrisM.

--
Please remove shoes to reply

But what ... is it good for?
- Engineer at the Advanced Computing Systems Division of IBM, 1968,
commenting on the microchip.

More about : gprs settings

Anonymous
August 4, 2004 11:24:39 PM

Why don't you try to get the settings directly from Nokia's website...

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,6771,54008,00.html

There select your phone model, your country and then your network. This
should be it.

HTH
!