How to solved internet controller issue

kenny_13

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
Hello,
please help me.m using window 7 64 bit -
model-dell inspiron-n5010.
i have already installed the drivers still the issue has been not resolved.......please some one help me

You probably did not install the driver correctly.
However you never said what the issue was.
You have to install "dell download manager" first, then download the driver from dell.
And when you do this, make sure all of the computer security (anitivirus and firewall) are turned OFF.
And when you do this, make sure the previous driver is deleted first.

What dell does not tell you:
There are two ways to install a dell driver. The first is to automatically install it from the dell website.
This might seem easy-- However it will NOT install without the "dell download manager" installed FIRST. AND it will not install if the computer security is ON.

Dell does not tell people this, and the driver download leads people to believe that the driver has installed, when it's really not installed at all. Very poorly explained and documented.

The other method is to find the driver on the dell website (using the search feature), manually download it and manually install it. Type the hardware manufacturer name and version, into the search box, this will lead you to a list of available drivers. Select the correct driver and save it on your USB thumb drive. Turn off your firewall and antivirus, install the driver, restart the computer, turn the security back on.

The manufacturer of the Ethernet controller and the version-- is listed in the dell manual. If you do not have the full manual, download the whole manual, from the dell website. Once you know the manufacturer and hardware number, you can search dell to find the manual Ethernet driver download.

OF COURSE if the computer does not have an Ethernet driver, you will have to use another computer to manually download and save the driver to a thumb drive. Then take the drive over to the computer you want to install it in.

kenny_13

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
soundguruman-thanks-
My issue is yellow exclamation marks on , Network controller. I downloaded the audio and network drivers from the Dell site and installed them but still no change. It is still the same.
DETAILS-
os-window64 bit
dell inspiron n5010
antivirus-kaspersky

TRENDING THREADS