Motherboard or cpu

sixty661

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
OK I woke up this morning and one of my kids broke one of my USB ports on the front of my computer and I notice that. Everything I had plugged in to my USB ports on my front panel wasn't working I did a hard reset turn the computer back on and got a black screen with a message about my USB ports and will power down in 15 seconds so I.unplug all the USB ports from my front panel from my motherboard and when I tried to turn the computer back on I get nothing no.beeps, my psu gpu heatsink fans all comes on but no display. So I goggle and search this site but nothing has fixed my problem I tried removing all ram still no beeps, I tried leaving one stick in, unplug my hard drives, CD rom ,gpu I had a man come test my psu he said it was good ,i also took out the battery amd still nuttin so I narrowed it down to either my board or cpu is there a way I can test to see if it the board or CPU I have a Phenom 2 1045 CPU and a Asus cg05510 motherboard? Or anything else I can try? Thanks

PS I had this. Problem a couple.of.months ago.Cuz I broke some pins on my CPU replacing.my heatsink. But I check out.my new CPU nothing is bent and it is.in the correct postition

look into the usb ports

may need to shine a light in there

check that the plastic part hasnt came out leaving the metal pins touching each other

this happened on my partners laptop--the plastic part came out with a flash drive and when she put something else in the port it caused the metal pins to be touching each other causing a short circuit

once i straightened the pins the laptop has been fine since