Three monitors on a GeForce GTX 550 / DQ67SW mobo?

Hi Everyone,

I just got a new computer here at work. It has an Intel DQ67SW motherboard as well as a GeForce GTX 550 Ti video card

I have been told that I will be unable to run three monitors on this thing.. Is that true or is there a workaround? The video card presently has 2 displays hooked up to it - I figured I could use the onboard video for the third.

Thanks in advance for your advice
12 answers Last reply
More about three monitors geforce dq67sw mobo
  1. I don't think you can go more than 2 monitors at a time unless you're running SLI.
  2. What's the reason though? There are 2 outputs on the video card and 1 onboard video port on the motherboard. You'd think you'd be able to do a 3 monitor setup.

The board doesn't support SLI either, but.. would another option be to purchase a cheaper video card, stick it into a PCI (not PCI-e) slot, and set it up like that?
  3. The output on the board is for the integrated graphics. You can't run two displays off of different cards. And no, you can't put a PCI-e card into a PCI slot, I believe. Also, it has to be the same chipset as the one that you're running as a primary for them to work together.
  4. Quote:
    The output on the board is for the integrated graphics. You can't run two displays off of different cards. And no, you can't put a PCI-e card into a PCI slot, I believe. Also, it has to be the same chipset as the one that you're running as a primary for them to work together.

Scratch that, turns out I'm wrong. See greghome's reply.
  5. get a hd 5450 they have VGA,dvi and hdmi. then just buy adapters you need and your laughing!
  6. Quote:

Yeah, I just saw your post and corrected myself. Kind of. Sorry about that.
  7. This motherboard only has 1 PCE slot - so I can't do SLI

Am I then out of luck? :( No workarounds?
  8. but there rare and pretty expensive.

what connections does your monitor use?
  9. I hear conflicting things (here and elsewhere) - some people say that if I want 3 monitors that both my video cards have to be the same - some people say that the video cards have to be connected via SLI - some people say that SLI would limit me to 2 monitors - some say that I can use whatever video cards I want - and some say that I should be able to set my onboard video as primary in BIOS and get 3 displays that way

I'm trying that last thing first and going from there :) Keep your thoughts coming!
  10. This is a work machine so I won't need 3 monitors for gaming, just display purposes. Good to hear!
  11. I'm running a gtx550 ti and integrated graphics on my machine. My bios has a setting to keep the onboard video running with the external video but keeping the gtx as primary. I have a vga monitor on both cards and an HDMI connection on the gtx. It works great.

For gaming I use softTH which renders a triple width frame using the gtx and then splits it over all 3 monitors.
  12. rob_h said:
    I'm running a gtx550 ti and integrated graphics on my machine. My bios has a setting to keep the onboard video running with the external video but keeping the gtx as primary. I have a vga monitor on both cards and an HDMI connection on the gtx. It works great.

For gaming I use softTH which renders a triple width frame using the gtx and then splits it over all 3 monitors.

Hi, quick question: What motherboard are you using? I have a gtx 550 ti also and integrated graphics on my motherboard, but I can seem to get them both working simutaneously. Im in BIOS and I can only choose integrated, pci or pci-e, but not both. Im assuming this is a motherboard thing and I'll have to get another one.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Monitors Geforce Graphics