Need Help New PC has problems about Windows 7, Graphics card and Sound

David92

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Hi everyone

I just got my new pc few days ago, and i notice something is probably wrong with my new computer. When i was playing games like GTA IV and other games. i notice there are screen flicking in the games, where the screen jumping around like something is messing with it. which is very annoying. do anyone knows what is causing it or solve this problem ?

I only encounter this in games sometimes in gameplay in dark area and more often in loading and pause screen. not sure about in desktop and other applications yet though. could it be the adapter causing this ? i am using the DVI to VGA adapter that comes from the graphics card box. which i connect to my old Dell VGA monitor.

I have another major problem with the sound quality on Windows 7. the sound quality on Windows 7 which is much worse than in Windows XP. in XP the sound quality is not the best, but it was decent.

In Windows 7 i am not sure how to describe it. all i know is the sound quality of it is terrible. it's like very sharp and weak bass or something like that and it could hurt my ears after listening to it for few mins, During in games i hear a ringing sound played, when i quit the game and it's gone. i really can't stand it. i did searching the net awhile now. can't to find a fix to it. i really hope someone can help me with these problems.

i will be waiting for someone willing to help me with these problems i am having

i have already installed latest drivers and directx

here's mine new pc specs

CPU: Intel i5 3470
GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
RAM: 2x 4GB GSkill Sniper 1600mhz
Motherboard: Asrock Z77 PRO3
HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue
PSU: Enermax 650w

For the video try going in to catalyst control center and enabling Vsync . Your old monitor might not be able to handle the higher fps the graphics card is rendering

Te sound issue is almost certainly a driver problem . See if you have AC 97 or HD audio . Its probably HD audio so it will be highly configurable

David92

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
Hi there thank you for replying to my problem. i already did enable vsync in catalyst control center. i think that improve a bit. there's still a little of jumping effect on the screen. anyway, i have Realtek HD Audio driver installed which giving me crap sound quality when playing music or videos. i used to have Realtek AC97 driver on my old PC which has decent sound quality.

Do you know how to configure the Realtek HD Audio properly ? i tried tweaking it few hours ago. no luck it's still the same. or should i just uninstall Realtek HD Audio driver and go for AC 97 drivers ?