Problem with power good signal on PSU

rbarnold

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
I have a problem with a Thermaltake ToughPower XT 775Watt Power Supply, where the Center LED (PG) is green (OK) :D when the system is running but turns Red :( when trying to shut down and the system FAILS to shut down completely leaving the case fans spinning and the case power switch & HD led illuminated. :(
To fuly shut down the power switch on the PSU needs to be turned off.
When the PSU is turned on again (by the switch) the case fans start and the and the case power switch & HD led illuminate, but the Mobo is still off untill the case switch is pressed then the system starts normally. :D All 3 LEDS are illuminated when the system stops with the PG Led Red and the other 2 green, until the PSU is turned off by it's switch.
Any help and/or ideas to the cause would be appreciated
Thanks in advance
Roger

ihsaan96

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
I don't understand what's wrong but sounds like your power supply is a buzzkill. I'd first IF you can use your powersupply on someone else's system , if it works fine then you know the PSU isn't a problem. Then you can narrow down which part is faulty.

Good luck with it !

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
List all of your Hardware in your next post. It may help as we can do a rough power draw on the PSU. I would think it was more of a case of the Psu telling you you forgot to plug the extra 6-8 pin 12v to the board near the CPU socket. Or to much load on a 12v rail so if you have two 12v rails for example and a beefy graphics card swap the 12v feed to the card to another rail.

weaselman

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
List all of your Hardware in your next post. It may help as we can do a rough power draw on the PSU. I would think it was more of a case of the Psu telling you you forgot to plug the extra 6-8 pin 12v to the board near the cpu socket.Or to much load on a 12v rail so if you have two 12v rails for example and a beefy graphics card swap the 12v feed to the card to another rail.

I've seen this twice, both times a new psu cured the problem