user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

My computer is not an HP. But whenever I use the internet, I get an
HP logo. It's mildly annoying. (I used to have an HP, but got a new
motherboard and a new OS ).

I'm using XP Home SP 1.

Is there a registry entry or something else that I can fiddle with to
kill off the HP logo when I'm online?

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

<*(((><{ wrote:
> My computer is not an HP. But whenever I use the internet, I get an
> HP logo. It's mildly annoying. (I used to have an HP, but got a new
> motherboard and a new OS ).
>
> I'm using XP Home SP 1.
>
> Is there a registry entry or something else that I can fiddle with to
> kill off the HP logo when I'm online?

Where is this LOGO? You mean instead of the Internet Explorer logo?
If so, TweakUI can be used to change the animated logo..

--
<- Shenan ->

OEM / ISP branding includes Toolbar background image, Default Page URL,
Window Title, Search Bar, customized Search URL, customized Support URL in
the Help menu, customized menu option for Windows Update [Tools menu].
Internet Explorer OEM branding can be removed by typing this command in
Start/Run:

rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,BrandCleanInstallStubs

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
> My computer is not an HP. But whenever I use the internet, I get an
> HP logo. It's mildly annoying. (I used to have an HP, but got a new
> motherboard and a new OS ).
>
> I'm using XP Home SP 1.
>
> Is there a registry entry or something else that I can fiddle with to
> kill off the HP logo when I'm online?
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

WONDERFUL! A perfect solution. Thank you.

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

In the last exciting episode on Sun, 24 Apr 2005 08:10:32 +0530,
"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote:

|OEM / ISP branding includes Toolbar background image, Default Page URL,
|Window Title, Search Bar, customized Search URL, customized Support URL in
|the Help menu, customized menu option for Windows Update [Tools menu].
|Internet Explorer OEM branding can be removed by typing this command in
|Start/Run:
|
|rundll32 iedkcs32.dll,BrandCleanInstallStubs

You're welcome!