Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best amd cpu

Last response: in CPUs
Share
December 11, 2012 6:58:06 AM

looking to build another pc

just wondering what is the fastest or best amd cpu i can buy?

budget is £150 for a cpu.

More about : amd cpu

December 11, 2012 7:06:11 AM

Best is the FX8350 and you could probably find one at that price. You'd be losing around 15% framerates in CPU-intensive games though compared to an i5 at the same price (20% at 1080p).
December 11, 2012 7:17:48 AM

see im dont play games, just wanting something thats fast and snappy but future proof to.
Related resources
December 11, 2012 7:20:27 AM

i had the phenom ii x4 850 unlocked l3 cache, very good
December 11, 2012 7:22:47 AM

i believe the fx8350 isnt a true 8 core?
a b à CPUs
December 11, 2012 7:24:40 AM

FX8350 is the best AMD processor you can get at this current time.
December 11, 2012 7:28:45 AM

how does it compare to the phenom ii 6 core?

a b à CPUs
December 11, 2012 10:25:37 AM

In what aspect, Multithreading? Gaming? Video Rendering?
December 11, 2012 1:10:39 PM

You are right in a way it's not true eight core. But it's also more than a four core. It has four units that were known as Bulldozer modules (so I suppose Piledriver modules now?) that are like a pair of cores. But they also share some of the processing resources. So it's kind of like four Oreos. In a way, you have eight in total (in crunchy layers), but in another way you have four, because there's only four lots of filling. That analogy just occurred to me and I'm quite pleased with it :-D

EDIT: Oh and as for being fast and future-proof, it's a good option. AMD have made real progress since Bulldozer.
December 11, 2012 1:19:08 PM

Yeah the 8350 is actually pretty beast if you are not gaming supposedly supposed to be better at Multi-threaded apps Isnt it
December 11, 2012 1:30:52 PM

bobo5555 said:
Yeah the 8350 is actually pretty beast if you are not gaming supposedly supposed to be better at Multi-threaded apps Isnt it

It's a beast gaming or no gaming.
December 11, 2012 1:32:36 PM

Thats boss and AMD posted a profit for their last quarter happy to see they are moving forward with Vishera
December 11, 2012 2:27:10 PM

chase3567 said:
It's a beast gaming or no gaming.


Agreed. It's still good at gaming just may not get the fps of an equivalently price Intel cpu. But since the OP doesn't play games, doesn't matter in that respect I guess.
December 11, 2012 2:54:41 PM

darren0000 said:
looking to build another pc

just wondering what is the fastest or best amd cpu i can buy?

budget is £150 for a cpu.


Just get the FX-8350 best one you can get alright.
December 15, 2012 9:47:41 AM

Get the FX-8350, why suggest an old Phenom..
And, if you 100% believe those reviews, then your like a student believing everything a teacher says even though not all of it is true.
January 20, 2013 7:47:49 PM

bc5 said:
Best is the FX8350 and you could probably find one at that price. You'd be losing around 15% framerates in CPU-intensive games though compared to an i5 at the same price (20% at 1080p).


Yes it is because $189.99 (good price) and 4.0 ghz!!!!!!
January 20, 2013 9:06:39 PM

Best deal or best processor 2 different ??. I think an oc'd 8120 pumped up it's 8150 territory @ $144 it's the best deal right now. I found one for $132 on amazon (no tax -10 new azm so $123 delivered!!) I'm hoping it's not a screw-up and it actually ships, $107+$25 shipping from a co in jpn is way the lowest price I've ever seen. Fingers crossed, it's 8am in jpn so if it's a mistake the squirming to reneg should start soon..
January 20, 2013 9:15:07 PM

8350 best processor for the price, killer gaming and editing cpu. its also a true 8 core. it has 8 phyical cores just each 2 cores shares the FP and decoder. beats an i5 3570k for the money
June 29, 2013 10:23:02 PM

diablo34life said:
8350 best processor for the price, killer gaming and editing cpu. its also a true 8 core. it has 8 phyical cores just each 2 cores shares the FP and decoder. beats an i5 3570k for the money


only beats the i5 if you are a hardcore video editor, it bottlenecks in some games compared to the i5
a c 535 à CPUs
a c 251 À AMD
June 29, 2013 10:30:28 PM

The 8350 is AMDs top CPU, If you do a fair amount of video editing/rendering then it might be worth it over a 3570K or above on the Intel side, but if you do the video work for a living you want to spend a little more and go 3770K or 4770K, that the choice of the those who do this for a living, otherwise the 3570K or 4670K is the better all round and gaming CPUs
October 1, 2013 4:41:52 PM

Hayden Jones said:
diablo34life said:
8350 best processor for the price, killer gaming and editing cpu. its also a true 8 core. it has 8 phyical cores just each 2 cores shares the FP and decoder. beats an i5 3570k for the money


only beats the i5 if you are a hardcore video editor, it bottlenecks in some games compared to the i5

"bottlenecks" ? MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA ... god I just spewed coffee on my dog ... better him then my screen though...
"bottlenecks ... oh god , make him stop please ...
to the OP , real life testing , not synthetic benches using crap thats been coded to nerf AMD/buff intel stats tell a different story.
As does the multiple lawsuits which are a matter of public record validating what I just said.

Bottlenecking... ya , the only CPU to EVER run not one but TWO iterations of the crysis bench at the same time. Flawlessly AND at 6 Ghz I might add.

History lesson ... we went from 8 bit to 16 bit , thank you AMD ..
then we went to 32 bit , again , ty to AMD
we now use 64 bit , again , AMD at the forefront of innovation.
first dual core ,, AMD
first quad , AMD ...
through the years Ive heard the same thing over and over .. "more cores is fail .. 32 bit is fail , it wont ever be common place nobody will use it...
2 cores is less efficient than a single core...
blah blah blah ...
bottlnecking ... uh huh.
a c 535 à CPUs
a c 251 À AMD
October 1, 2013 4:45:52 PM

Eight cores is great, now if they would put some money into the performance and the MC, they'd be cooking ;) 
October 1, 2013 4:46:23 PM

Tradesman1 said:
The 8350 is AMDs top CPU, If you do a fair amount of video editing/rendering then it might be worth it over a 3570K or above on the Intel side, but if you do the video work for a living you want to spend a little more and go 3770K or 4770K, that the choice of the those who do this for a living, otherwise the 3570K or 4670K is the better all round and gaming CPUs



ummm , actually , it's not their top CPU anymore , close though :-) The 9590 would be their top , and the world's fastest out of the box , no overclocking , CPU. Costs a lot more though of course.

a c 535 à CPUs
a c 251 À AMD
October 1, 2013 5:01:53 PM

Basically the 9590 and 9570 are superclocked 8350s (with a little extra and need lots of extra voltage) but at the price they want, and to have them beat by a much lower priced 4770K (which isn't OCed) I really don't even think about them, sorry, my bad ;)  Are they even still making the 9590? I had heard one rumor it was but a very limited production run, which is why none were ever even sent out for review....haven't heard anything solid on that though, even from the folks I know at AMD - seems lips are sealed ;) 
!